Meet and greet

I can't believe it, I'm talking to an inkling! No wait, this can't be real, can it? I need to be sure.

"Dude, you're spacen." Zack said pulling me out of my head, "what are you?"

"Everything alright down there agent 3?" The old man called down. If he's really an inkling, does that mean I'm talking to THE agent 3?

"Yeah, everything's fine Captain." Captain? Cap'n Cuttlefish?

"Then what's the hold up? Let's go!" Mason yelled. They called him 4, I wonder...

"Hold on a sec, I'm trying to figure something out!" Zack called back.

"I don't exactly know what's going on either," I said to Zack, "But I do have a theory. Can you get me out of here so I can explain it to everyone?"

"I guess." Zack was looking at me as if he was trying to solve a riddle. He wrapped one of his arms under both of mine and proceeded to super jump the both of us to the top of the cliff. "Alright, you're off the beach," Zack said letting me go, "Now explain."

Looking around, I saw that the old man was indeed Cap'n Cuttlefish. Mason, agent 7, and (A/9) are all inklings, and 8 is the only octoling. I took a deep breath and sighed. "So this is gonna sound crazy but, I think I'm from another world." I waited for the group to respond.

"Fucking what?" Agent 7 said confused.

"First of all; Serah, language. Second of all: what?" (A/9) said just as confused.

"I think I should start with an intro. Hello everyone, my name is (Y/n), I'm 16, and I'm a human."

"Human? like that statue?" 8 started to hyperventilate with panic in her eyes.

Zack ran over to his girlfriend to calm her down and said, "Of corse not like the statue, humans are extinct."

"8 will you calm down?" Mason sighed, "It's been a year and you're still complaining about your time in the deepsea metro." 8 started crying.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Zack screamed as he decked Mason.

"Ok, I deserved that." Mason said lying on the ground.

"Can we get back to the supposed human here?" (A/9) said rubbing the bridge of her nose. I turned to look at (A/9), now that I get a good look at her, she's really cute. "I don't know about the whole "another world" thing, but the pod he came out of looks just like the one Judd was found in. Only bigger." The rest of the group looked back over the cliff to see that she was talking about.

"Wow it does." Serah marveled.

"Guys," I called. Every one turned their heads and looked at me at the exact same time, great now I'm self conscious. "Uh, the-the other world thing is true, I think. In my world, you're all characters in a videogame called splatoon, one of my favorite games actually, and somehow I'm in the game, assuming I'm right." The agents just looked at me, I couldn't tell what they were thinking so I just kept talking. "Its a two game series so far. In the first game I played as agent 3, and in the second game I played as agents 4 and 8."

"So what your saying is, you know our lives inside and out?" Serah asked a little concerned.

Then 8 started talking, "Wait, does that mean he's been watching us..." 8 and Zack looked at each other and turned Bright red.

"NO! No, no, no, no! God no! I just know about your adventures as agents!" The pair let go of the breath they were holding, they were still pretty red though, "although I've never seen agents 7 or 9. They're completely new to me."

"Hold on," Mason said trying to hold in a laugh, "can we just back up a sec, to the fact that 3 and 8 have been-"

Zack cut him off, "Do you want to get punched twice?" 8 turned even redder and covered her face while Mason and (A/9) started laughing, even Serah had to hide a snicker.

Cap'n Cuttlefish was th only on not laughing. He walked up behind the couple and put his hands on their shoulders, "Now now, nothing to be embarrassed about," he said, "How do you think I got to be a grandpa? I had to be a dad first!" The peanut gallery started dying, Zack facepalmed and turned a deep crimson while 8 covered her mouth with her fist and squinted her eyes just as red.

"Yo!" I called, "I'm still here."

"Oh right," cap'n said, "How do we know you're tellin' the truth though?"

"Good point." Serah agreed.

Everyone turned their attention back to me, but this time with hostility. I thought for a moment and came up with a few things. "Back when Zack was recruited, the captain got kidnapped half way through the adventure so Calie and Marie had to help him out." Cap'n and Zack looked at each other in confusion, "and after the first last splatfest, Calie was the on that went missing. She was hypnotized by Octavio so Marie recruited Mason to help her." Mason stood there with a blank stare, "Zack and Cap'n were off on a mission when they ran into 8 still under the DJ's control. They fought, they fell, and 8 had to work her way through the metro." 8 froze in place, tightening her grip on Zack's arm at the mention of the metro.

"So you've been spying on us?" Mason accused me.

"Well, in a way I guess. I did think of another way to prove I'm telling the truth though."

"Like what?" 8 asked.

I reached into my pocket, pulled out my phone and started typing on it. "Here, look at this." I showed them pictures of the game I had saved (aka memes) and waited for their response. There were a few smiles and some laughs, but they still weren't convinced.

"You could've just made these up." Serah said still smiling.

I sighed heavily. "Fine, I have one more idea, but it involves me going back to the beach."

"There's an easily accessible one not to far from here." (A/9) said. Something tells me that she believes me.

"Then let's go." We got to the beach fairly quickly, the waves gently crashing on the shore.

"Here we are," (A/9) said as we all climbed out if the car.

"Wonderful," I said taking off my shirt.

"What are you doing?" Serah asked.

"Going for a swim." I said nonchalantly as I used my shirt to wrap up my phone and wallet.

"WHAT!?" Everyone yelled all at once.
I walked into the ocean until I was about knee deep, turning around so I could see everyone in a stunned silence. I then surprised them even more by lying down so I was floating. Following that, I swam around and even completely submerged myself a few times. After about five minutes I decided that was enough, so I got out and used my shirt as a towel. "Believe me now?"

1189 words. How do you guys like it so far? I'm really trying to stay true to the lore, and you know I'm gonna be abusing the hell out of the can't get splatted thing. But one thing that you probably don't know is I AM NOT MAKING THIS A LEMON!!!! I don't care how many people want to see 3 and 8 get it on, I'm not showing it. Why? Cause it's my story, simple as that. Maybe in another book but not this one. Whatever, see you guys next time.