Murderer

WARNING: GORE!!!

I was frozen, There's no way I heard her right. "Say that again."

"My baby is dead!" She screamed. I didn't know what to do with this information, how the hell am I supposed to make her feel better about something like this? I did the only thing I could think to do and hugged her, I didn't say anything, I mean what the hell COULD I say? But I wanted to let her know that I cared.

"Where's Zack?" She asked, "Please, I need to talk to him!"

"Don't worry, I can call him." I told her. I have no idea if he'll even pick up, but what the hell? I called Zack and as expected, straight to voicemail. I then texted him saying that I found 8, he called back right away. I put the phone on speaker and set it next to 8 and I.

"8! are you Ok? where are you?" he said.

"Zack I-" 8 started sobbing.

"Hey, it's ok, I'm going to find you and we'll be a family again, just the three of us." Zack said trying to comfort his girlfriend, but it only resulted in her crying more.

"Zack, I have something to tell you." I said.

"No, I should tell him," 8 said squeezing my shoulder, "Zack, one of the men here, he beat my stomach until our baby was- it was, oh cod!"

"(Y/n), are you still there?" Zack asked me.

"Yeah I'm here." I told him.

"I want you to get 8 to safety, then I want you to find the son of a bitch that did this, and kill him!" Zack told me. His voice was different, when he was talking to 8 it was soft and comforting, but when he told me to find and kill the bastard that did this, the tone of his voice scared me.

"I will, you can count on that." I told him, steeling my nerves. "Tell the others that we're ok and that I have a plan."

"I'll let them know, and (Y/n)... I'm sorry."

"That's ok, I don't blame you. Still friends?"

"To the end." Zack hung up and I followed his example.

"Alright 8, let's get you out of here." I said walking to the cage door.

"Wait, but if I leave they'll know something's up!" she replied.

"Damn it, you're right." I sighed. "Fuck, but I can't just leave you here."

"Don't worry about me." she said with tears in her eyes, "Just be sure to come back and visit again."

"Actually, the other humans are putting me in charge of getting info from you guys, so I'll be back in the morning."

"Well that'll definitely make things easier."

"With that part resolved, where's the soon to be dead fuck that hurt you?"

8 turned pail, she put a hand on her stomach and the other over her mouth, tears beginning to fall. "Saluman, Dr. Fredric Saluman." she almost whispered.

"Dr. Fredric Saluman, got it. I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna kill him."

"Be careful."

I put my hood and mask back on, waved goodbye and left the cage, making sure to stop bye that first octoling's cell. "Hey, I'm coming back in the morning, so don't worry."

"B-but, how will we know it's you?" he asked, very concerned.

"Don't worry, you'll know me when you see me." I said, winking slyly.

I left out of the same door I came in, making sure that the two guards were still out cold, which they were (I must've hit 'em harder than I thought). I continued back through the facility without being noticed, climbing back in through my window. I took off my hero suit and took a shower, making sure to hide it until I could wash it. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes, but something was wrong, oh yeah, (A/9) isn't with me. I sighed and tried my best to get comfortable, it didn't work. Eventually I found a position that was somewhat acceptable and drifted off.