First day of school

Beeping. More God damn beep. I refused to open my eyes. I was afraid that if I did, then i would see my old room. That was until I heard a familiar voice coming from my left. "(Y/n), come on get up, we need to get ready for school."
I opened my eyes to see (A/9) next to me. Without thinking I wrapped my arms around her, relieved that I was still in this world.
"Um, (Y/n)?" She said not sure how to respond to this situation. I realized what I was doing and let go of her, we were both a very deep red.
"Sorry, I'm just glad I'm still here."
"That's ok. Um, we should probably start getting ready."
"Ok, I'll leave so you can change."
I grabbed my phone and left the room, full charge, awesome. A few minutes later, (A/9) walked out of her room wearing a solid purple T-shirt, black leggings, and a white floral hair clip, her tenticals were now pink.
"Alright I'm gonna go make breakfast so you can get ready."
"Ok." I couldn't help but stare as she walked away. Damn it (Y/n), stop staring! I walked back into the room so I could put on my shoes and socks due to the fact that I didn't have a change of clothes yet. I made sure I had my wallet and the bag of cash Cap'n gave me. I combed my hair and used a paper towel to wipe off my teeth since I don't have a toothbrush, and was ready to start my day.
I walked downstairs and could smell breakfast. My mouth started watering more and more the closer I got. Looking into the kitchen, I saw that I was the last one to show up
"Morning everyone." I said as I entered the room.
"Morning (Y/n)." John said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.
"Were you able to get to sleep alright?" Abby asked.
"Yeah I slept pretty well." I may have left out the fact that I slept in the same bed as their daughter.
"Glad to hear it. You hungry?" John asked me.
Due to all of the excitement yesterday, I didn't eat anything so, "Yeah, actually. I'm starving."
"Good, 'cause Mom made salmon bread." (A/9) said excitedly.
"Well it is a special occasion." Abby said.
"What's salmon bread?" I asked curiously.
"It's bread soked in egg yolks and fried on a skillet." John clarified.
"No way!" I started to get excited.
"What's up?" (A/9) asked.
"Us humans called that "French toast". It's one of my favorite foods!"
"No kidding?!" Abby remarked.
"Hey mine too!" (A/9) said smiling. "Although my all time fav has got to fishers pie."
"What's that?"
"It's dough with sause, cheese and your choice of other toppings."
"We call that pizza, and it's my all time fav too."
"No way!"
"You two should get eating or your food's going to get cold." John said.
"Oh, right!" We both said at once. I sat down with my plate next to (A/9), is it just me or are we sitting really close to each other? We finished eating and climbed into John's car, Abby sitting in the passenger seat and (A/9) and I in the back.
"Ready for your first day of school (Y/n)?" Abby asked me.
"Yeah, I just hope it's better than my last one."
"What was wrong with your last school?" John asked.
"I was bullied a lot and didn't have any friends." I explained.
"Well now you do," (A/9) said to me, "You'll have Zack, and Mason, and 8, and Serah... and, and me." She was blushing again. We locked eyes and I started to blush too, but neither of us looked away.
"Eh hem," we heard. Looking away from each other, we saw John eyeing us in the rearview. We both blushed a little harder and turned our faces away from each other. The rest of the ride was an awkward silence. Great.
Time skip brought to you by an angry John staring intensely at (A/9) and (Y/n) in the car. Mostly (Y/n).
We finally got to the school after what felt like an eternity. John and Abby got out of the car with us and headed for the main office with (A/9) and I not far behind.
"Hello!" The receptionist greeted, she was an inkling with light blue tenticals, "how can I help you today?"
"We need to register a new student." John said putting his hand on my shoulder. "This is (Y/n), he's a... transfer student. He'll be attending this school for the foreseeable future."
"Did you say (Y/n)?"
"Yes we did. Why?" Abby asked.
"We already have all of the paperwork for him, some old man named Cuttlefish dropped it off yesterday. All we need is a last name." The receptionist handed the papers to John so he could look at them, then he handed them to me saying, "this look right to you?"
I looked the papers over and saw that everything was in order, except a few things were obvious lies that Cap'n made up to help me out. I wrote in my last name and handed the papers back to the receptionist.
"Alright then. We already have a scedual made up for you too." She said handing me a piece of paper, "all of your classes will be with miss (A/9) for the sake of making you feel comfortable. Are you ready to start your first day?"
"Let's do this." I said, exsited to learn about inkling culture.
"Well, we'll be heading out then." Abby said hugging (A/9).
"We'll both be working late so you'll have to take the bus home today or get a ride from one of your friends." John said hugging his daughter. "Have a good day you two." We waved them off and walked to the commons. When we got there, we were greeted by the other agents. "Hey! Over here!" I heard Mason call. We joined the others but I noticed someone was missing.
"Hey, where's 8?" I asked.
"She does turf war all day to help with rent." Zack explained.
"Why don't you just live with your parents?"
"Their racists! When they found out I was dating an octoling, they told me I couldn't live with them as long as we were together. And I'm not gonna pretend to break up with her just so my parents will give me a place to sleep."
"Wow, I had no idea."
"A lot of people are like that," Serah chimed in, "it's been almost two years since octolings came to Inkopolis and Marina is still the only socially accepted one. Why do you think there aren't any octolings here?"
"God, the more things change, the more they stay the same." I sighed.
"What do you mean?" (A/9) asked me.
"Humans did the exact same thing but with other humans of different skin colors."
"...Damn." Serah said.
"On that happy note." I said sarcastically, "I have all of my classes with (A/9), but what do I have with you guys?" We compared sceduals for a few minutes and I found out that (A/9) and I have every class except eighth with at least one of our... can I call them my friends yet? I'll just call them the other agents for now. The bell rang, signaling that it was time to start classes, so we all headed to where we were supposed to be.
Time skip brought to you by board (Y/n) and (A/9).
It's eighth hour, last class of the day. Just so happens that this class is P.E. I'm not a fan of running, but I do enjoy the games. I went straight into the gym, since I didn't have a change of clothes, and waited for everyone else to finish changing. (A/9) was the first to enter, with a few other girls not far behind. At first glance it looked like they were all talking and having a good time, but then I noticed something, she was scared. I walked closer, not wanting to do anything rash and listened in.
"So (A/9), you got that money we need or what?" One of the girls said. Holy shit, it's a shake down! I wasn't sure what to do so I just started talking.
"Hey there!" I said not knowing where I was going with this.
"Who are you?" Asked the first girl. She was obviously the leader, so we'll call her alpha bitch.
"I'm (Y/n), I just moved here and I was hoping to make some friends."
"You can't just walk up to me and ask to be my friend." She snapped at me.
"Oh? Why not?" I asked pretending to be hurt.
"I'm top bitch of the school. The fact that you didn't know that means you must be new, so I'll let you off easy this time, but don't ever talk to me again."
"Boss, the tramp got away!" One of her lackeys said.
"Damn it! whatever, I'll just have my boyfriend take care of it latter." Great, alpha douch.
I found (A/9) and went over to talk to her. "Hey, you ok?" I asked.
"Thank cod it's Friday," she whispered. I dont even think she noticed me.
"Yo!" I said shaking her arm.
"What the- oh hey (Y/n), thanks for the help back there." I noticed she had a fresh bruise on her arm.
"Why do you let them do that to you? I mean, you are agent 9 so couldn't you just kick all of their asses?"
"I don't want to hurt them, it's different than turf war where you respawn or the octarians who are soldiers. They're just ass holes."
That doesn't mean you can't open a can of woopass on 'em every once in a while." I said jokingly.
"I know, I just don't like fighting that much."
"If you ever need help you know you can come to me right?"
(A/9) smiled, "thanks."
The rest of the class went smoothly, we played dodge ball and my side won. After school, however, was a much different story.
I turned back into the gym after talking to some of the guys I met during class expecting to see (A/9) waiting for me so we could meet up with the others. That's not what I saw.
Some guy had (A/9) pinned against the wall, I could hear him talking.
"I heard you wouldn't give my girl some cash." He said. This was probably the alpha douch mentioned earlier.
"It's my money, why should I give it to someone else?"
"This is why." He back handed her across the face. Oh fuck naw. Without thinking, I sprinted towards him and yelled, "HEY!" He turned around just in time to see me punch him in the eye.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" He roared at me, dropping (A/9) in the process, "do you have any idea who I am?"
"Nope, and frankly I don't give a shit." I punched him again.
"Damn you!" He yelled as he changed me head on.
I jumped to the side, avoiding his arms as he tried to grab me. As he passed by, I brought both of my hands down onto his back, right between his shoulder blades. He cried out in pain and fell to the floor. I took this as an opportunity and kicked him in the face, knocking him out.
Turning around, I saw (A/9) sitting on the floor with a look of shock, I ran to her immediately, "Hey are you alright?" She started to cry. It caught me off guard. Not knowing what else to do, I hugged her, "Hey it's alright, I've got you." (A/9) gasped and stopped crying. She hugged me back and took a few shaky breaths. Then she surprised me. She pulled her head back so we were face to face, and right as I was about to say something, she kissed me. After a second or two, I kissed her back. I dont know if it was a thank you kiss, the adrenaline, or if she actually likes me, but I just let it happen. We stayed like that for a few minutes, God I could've stayed like that forever, until the rest of the agents came looking for us.
"Hey guys, you in he- oh!" Serah was the first one in. (A/9) and I pulled our faces apart but we were still holding each other. Then I heard Zack.
"Serah, what's- ah I see." Then came Mason.
"What? What what what wha- damn boy, you work fast!" The two of us turned exstreamly red. "Am I the only one seeing a KOd ass hat?" One explanation later, they understood the situation.
"Damn, it's your first day of school and you're already kicking ass and you got yourself a girlfriend too." Zack marveled. "Do you want me to take you guys home?"
"Yeah." (A/9) and I said together. We all piled into Zack's car and he drove us back to (A/9)'s house. (A/9) and I holding hands the entire ride home... home, this is my home.

2229 words. Holy shit that was a long chapter, but it was worth it. I don't want to spend to much time at the school throughout this book, but I will go back a few times. Also, I didn't include the entire school day because this chapter is long as is. I wonder how home life is going to change for you and (A/9). You'll have to keep reading to see. See you guys next time.