― 𝗇𝖾𝗃𝗂 𝗁𝗒𝗎𝗀𝖺

𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 : *𝖿𝗅𝗎𝖿𝖿*, 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌!𝖺𝗎,
𝖺/𝗇 : 𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 OrochimaruTrash

naruto was dense, so dense he couldn't tell hinata had a massive crush on him for the longest, but he noticed how y/n and neji acted around each other and got an idea

neji was sitting on a log, watching y/n train taijustu with lee. there wasn't any reason for them to, they just wanted extra practice. soon a few more of their classmates began to fill in and watch. the match went for a while and neji was watching y/n, sweat dropped from her brow and her chest heaving up and down.

he activated his byakugan and watched her with troubled eyes. y/n's chakra points were fine and so was her heartbeat, he let out a sigh of relief and naruto heard. he grinned and rubbed his hands together, he crept over to hinata and tapped her shoulder.

"i need you to help me get neji and y/n together." hinata blushed at naruto before looking to her cousin with his kekkai genkai. she turned back to naruto and nodded.

"get them both to the festival in two days and bring them to the big cherry tree." hinata nodded once more and turned to watch the rest of the match, a hand on her chest to stabilize her racing heart.

"that was beautifully executed, y/n, lee. your taijutsu has grown stronger since the last time you both sparred." guy commented and neji walked to y/n to bring her her water bottle she left with him.

"thank you, neji." he nodded instead of speaking to prevent his words from coming out jumbled. she smiled up at him and poked his shoulder,

"how you been, neji?" she started the conversation and they he nodded,

"w- well, how are you?" she nodded,

"beat." she smiled,

"neji!"

"y/n!" they both turned oposite directions to face the ones that called them.

"hey, hinata!"

"what is it, naruto?" He wrapped an arm around neji's shoulder and grinned widely,

"did you hear about the festival coming up?" neji looked at him weirdly,

"yes, what of it?"

"i was wondering if you were free that you could go. everyone's going." he said, neji thought for a short moment,

everyone? so that includes y/n too, right?

neji looked at naruto, "i should be able to free up some time." naruto have him his award winning smile.

"great. thanks neji, you won't regret it."

on the other hand, hinata and y/n was already parting ways, y/n was already going to the festival and was more set on it when hinata asked. she'd do nearly anything for hinata.

the next day, neji was told to wear a blue kimono and y/n was told to wear a pastel pink one. they both agreed to the odd request and the festival was approaching quickly.

"neji, stay here, i'm going to get food." naruto explained and neji nodded, watching Naruto's figure disappear in the crowd.

"i'm going to find the rest of our friends, stay here, please." y/n nodded and started to him as she walked around the cherry tree. she saw a pair of sandals and looked up to see neji. her face flushed a pale pink and she huffed her cheeks.

"hello, (y/n)."

"n- neji! what are you doing here?" she looked up at him and he fully turned to her,

"waiting for naruto, you?"

"i'm waiting for hinata."

"knowing them both, they might take a minute." she nodded in agreement.

"did you want to get something?" he asked her, placing his hand on his neck in slight embarrassment.

"sure! what do you have in mind?"

"candy apples?" her eyes lit up as she smiled, clasping her hands together,

"i love those!"

he knew. he smiled and gestured her to follow him, they both walked side by side until the crowd became dense. neji unconsciously intertwined their hands and kept walking, y/n on the other hand exploded and hid her face with her hand.

they reached the stand and neji bought her a red apple.

"t- thank you, neji." she said, her face still tinted pink. neji looked at her and frowned before the back of his free hand to her forehead,

"are you feeling okay? are you sick?" neji asked and she waved the apple around,

"n- no, i- 'm fine!" she looked down at their hands, "it's just, your hand.." she looked away. neji looked down and looked away as well, a blush coating his cheeks now.

"i- i'm sorry, i must've done it when we were in the crowd." he said quickly, removing his hand from hers. she bit her lip and pouted slightly,

"w- well we're still in a crowd right?" she said shyly. neji's eyebrows lifted in surprise and slowly took her hand in his again. she smiled and they continued walking together, completely forgetting about naruto and hinata.

-b o n u s s-

naruto and hinata made it back to the cherry tree, both empty handed and alone,

"guess your plan worked, n- naruto."

"yeah, look." he pointed to her cousin who was walking away with y/n, hand in hand.

"come on hinata, lets go play games!" naruto helped as he pulled hinata along by her hand.

it was time for the fireworks and neji and y/n sat next to each other, her head on his chest and his arm around her waist. he smiled at the sight and so did she.

"thank you, neji."

"i've always wanted to do this, so thank you for coming." he said and pressed a soft kiss to her head. she looked up at him and kissed him the right way.