Chapter 5

She woke up the next morning to find the agent in her room, watching her. Jumping up, she pressed herself to the wall. The agent smirked, and came closer.

"Stay away from me. Don't touch me!" Valley repeated, over and over again. The agent kept walking closer, and chuckled. He stopped at the edge of her bed, and toyed with the hem of her dress.

"I don't think the dress is supposed to be this short, Valley," the agent murmured, pulling her closer. She fell on the bed, and wrapped her arms around her knees, tugging the dress away from him, careful not to touch the agent's hand. He reached for her face, and Valley flinched. His fingers curled through her hair, and almost brushed against her scalp and neck. With a hungry look on his face, he began to pull her head toward his.

Automatically, Valley pushed him away, her fingertips brushing against his face.

In a split second, every memory he had, was transmitted to her brain. Every thought he had was known to her. Every secret, every piece of knowledge, every opinion of his, was opened up to her, like a book.

Valley jerked away from him, and stood. She leapt off of the bed, and scrambled to the other side of the room, glaring at him.

Actually he wasn't a he. He was an IT.