Chapter 12

Once she was inside, the Demon pressed her against the wall, and smashed It's lips to hers. She felt It draw her soul out as slowly as possible.

She knew It had personally found her, and tried to kill her. No one here but she and her friends knew this agent was a Demon. The thought that her death would be a mystery to all, and no one would ever investigate it, frightened her, and she started to try to fight the Demon, trying to get away from It.

It was just about to draw out the last, final piece of her soul, when Cedric burst through the door, pushing the Demon away from Valley. He pulled her to him, and ran his fingers through her hair, trying to calm her down. The Demon stood, and walked toward them. It shoved It's hand around Cedric's throat, and pulled out his entire soul.

Cedric fell to the ground, dead.

Silently crying, Valley dropped next to him, pulling him to her.

"Don't worry, Valley. He'll come back to you. He'll be a Demon, but He'll come back to you and still be the same."

"Just kill me now, please."

The Demon put It’s hands on the back of her throat, and she felt her entire soul return. It wasn't going to kill her. It was going to let her suffer. It disappeared into the shadows, and Valley continued crying.

"Cedric. I'm so sorry. This is my fault."

She put her head to his, and kissed him.