Chapter 2- Meeting The Avengers

Agent Coulson let me out of the car when we pulled up to a large building that he called SHIELD Headquarters, and he led me inside. We passed by rooms where I saw people with powers just like mine training. That made me feel a little better- at least I wasn't the only one.

Finally we entered a large, open room. Inside were the Avengers, and a man who said his name was Nick Fury. I gasped when I saw everyone, because it had always been my dream to meet them. Now I was! I squealed and ran over to give Captain America a hug-he was my favorite.

After that, I ran to Black Widow, who seemed a little weirdred out by the hug. Before I could hug anyone else, though, Coulson grabbed my arm and pulled me away calmly.

"Miss Reinhart, please wait," said Coulson .

"Fine," I mumbled, slightly annoyed.

"Hello, everyone," said Fury. "Meet Sophie Reinhart. We believe she is a mutant, but so far, all we know is that she can shoot blasts of energy out of her hands. These powers only show themselves when she is very angry. I was hoping Dr. Banner could help her control her powers."

"Of course, Sir," he said.

"Also," Fury told me, "I'm afraid you won't be able to go back to the real world until your powers are under control. Until then, you will be training and we'll consider you an honorary Avenger."

"Okay," I agreed. "But...when I can control myself....I have to go back home?"

"Yes, you can," said Fury. Then he saw how sad I looked. "However, I'm sure if you make good progress...we could accept you as an Avenger."

"Yes!!!" I squealed excitedly. "This is the best day of my life!!! I'm gonna be an Avenger!!"

The other Avengers smirked, obviously not used to hyper fangirls since they didn't really get out much besides battles. But I could care less if I looked crazy. I was gonna be an Avenger!