Chapter 4- Combat Training

Black Widow strolled into the room minutes after Dr. Banner left. She gave me a small smile. "So," she said, "I figured we could do something a little different today."

"Okay," I said. "Let me guess- I'll be using my powers?"

"Yup," said Natasha. "Okay. So, pretend I'm an alien. I'm your enemy, and if you don't stop me I'll take over the world. What do you do?"

I looked at Natasha. "Are you serious?"

"Yes," she said. "You won't hurt me. Just do your thing."

I nodded and quickly tried t recall what Dr. Banner had said. I focused on something that made me angry, and my powers pulsed. This time though, I focused the blast at Natasha's legs, knocking her on her butt. She glared at me, but easily got back up. I focused again, this  time blasting energy directly at her. She dodged it, but just barely.

Then I saw her go to grab a weapon from her pocket. I immediately panicked and started randomly blasting energy everywhere. Natasha ducked every which way, but suddenly I stopped. I was too weak.

Natasha looked at me. "I think you burned yourself out a little," she said. "Impressive, but you need to practice more before you have enough energy for that. Until then, I'll teach you what to do if you do run out of energy in battle."

Over the course of a couple hourse, Natasha taught me basic combat, as well as how to disarm an enemy with different types of weapons in different situations. I actually had fun hanging out with her. She was awesome- she acted quickly and smoothly, like a ninja. Finally she was ready to wrap it up.

"This was fun," she said. "We'll train again, okay? Also, it seems like Fury is going to have us all stay in Stark Towers awhile. Not sure why, but he says things will be better that way. Go pack up, Dr. Banner will be waiting at your room to help. He was watching our training session on a monitor, and I think he wants to tell you something."

I sighed. I'd just unpacked, but staying at Stark Towers with the Avengers? Exciting!!! Besides, I couldn't't wait to hear what Dr. Banner had to say.