Chapter 7- The Go Karts

After the chaos was over, Bruce finally came to hang out with us. The other Avengers were content to do absolutely nothing. I however, was not.

"I'm booooored!!!" I whined. "Can't we do anything?"

"No," moaned everyone simultaneously.

"Ugh!!" I said. "I didn't want to have to do this to you guys, but...you're basically asking for it now." I stood up and sent a wave of energy across the room, sending a jolt through everyone.

"Hey!" everyone yelled. "What was that for?!"

"Get up, lazybones!" I said, poking Clint's arm. "All of you! We're going somewhere fun."

"Remind me again why Fury likes her?" said Tony.

I flicked Tony in the forehead. "Get up," I said. I pulled him up, and when he resisted, I yanked him off the couch. After that, everyone else got up lazily. They followed me outside to where there was a car waiting to take us anywhere. I whispered a destination into the ear of Tony's driver, and he smiled and nodded. I kicked back and enjoyed the ride.
Ten minutes later...
"Go karts?!" said Natasha. "Are, you kidding me, Sophie?"

"Lighten up, guys!" I said. "This will be fun, I promise."

They sighed but went along with it. We all got into go karts.

Of course, we were the Avengers. This wouldn't be a normal go kart ride. Especially since Natasha hadn't done this since she was seven, Bruce was afraid of crashing, Steve and Thor had no idea what a go kart was, and Clint and Tony were super excited. Recipe for disaster. And fun.

Somewhere along the line Tony started racing with me. We raced around the track, but finally I got tired of watching him show off. "Watch this, Stark!" I yelled. I slowed and waited for Steve to come next to me, and I jumped into his go kart. He jumped, but didn't stop, just smiled. Tony gaped at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, and pressed Steve's foot down hard onto the pedal with mine. I pressed it to the floor and grabbed the wheel. Steve leaned back nervously. "What are you doing!?" he said.

"Chill a second," I told him. By now, a worker had seen us and started yelling and chasing us down the track. "Don't think so, mister," I mumbled. "Cap, take the wheel."

"What?"

"I said take the wheel!" And pedal to the metal, or he's gonna catch you!" I suddenly jumped back into my own go kart as we passed it. I gunned it and sped away from the worker. The other Avengers were racing around too, but Bruce...he was looking a little green. Too much, maybe?

"Guys, let's call this off!" I yelled. "Banner's gonna hulk out!"

At that, everyone raced back into the go kart station. We started to leave, but the man stopped us.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!!" he said. "You guys are gonna have to pay extra for all those little stunts you did! That violated so many rules!!"

Tony pointed at Steve. "Can we get a senior citizen discount or something?"

Steve glared at him, but the ret of us just stared at the worker. I stretched out my hands and let a little energy pulse through them to prove my point. He stepped back. "You know what, just ah...go....it's fine."

I smiled. Tony looked at me. "Pretty impressive there, Shocky," he said, "but I was really hoping to get that senior citizen discount off Mr. Ninety Five Year Old Super Soldier."

I rolled my eyes, but I glanced at Steve. "Ninety five!?"
"Uh..yeah," he said, blushing.

I looked him over. He was wearing a tee shirt that completely showed off his muscles. I blushed a little, I couldn't help it. He noticed and blushed again. "You don't look ninety five," I told him.

He looked me directly in my eyes, and he was just opening his mouth to say something, when Tony stepped between us.

"Yo, Shocky and Capsicle!" he yelled. "You two lovebirds wanna get a move on? The car's waiting!"

All the Avengers were stating at us. Natasha was smiling just slightly, and Clint looked like he was trying his hardest not to sing, "Sophie and Steve, sitting in a tree...".

I blushed and got n the car. Tony always had to ruin the moment, didn't he?

A/N Who here ships Captain Shockwave? I do!!! Comment and tell me if you liked it and if you're shipping Cap and Sophie!!