Chapter 5- The News

When I got to my room, Dr. Banner was waiting, and he was smiling. "I have news," he told me.

"So I've heard."

"So from what I saw, it's not just anger that sets you off. It's also fear," said Dr. Banner. "When you felt threatened by Nat, you kinda went off on her-uncontrollably. So what I think is-"

"Wait," I interrupted. "I've been really scared before, and no power blasts stated going haywire. Why not, if fear triggers my powers?"

"That's where I was going," he said. "See, I think after every power outburst, you're more susceptible to another. You develop more triggers. I think if you train enough, you'll be able to activate your powers simply by concentrating. Of course, strong emotion will continue to make you a little unstable, but that can't be helped much. We'll work on that, but...what do you think?"

"What do I think?!" I said. "That's amazing!! I'm gonna get to use my powers normally soon! This is great- thank you!"

He smiled. "Glad you're happy." He started helping me pack up my bag. "Now come on, we've got to get moved over to Stark Towers."

"Okay, okay," I said. I quickly threw the last of my things into my bag and zipped it up. "Alright, let's roll," I said.

We walked outside to where a car was waiting to take us to Stark Towers. The other Avengers were already there. The ride was short, and when we got there, it was a madhouse.

Pepper let us in. She looked exhausted. Soon we saw why. Inside, Black Widow was chasing Hawkeye around the room, screaming at him. Hawkeye was trying to shoot her with a tranquilizer bow. Steve was yelling at an iPhone he didn't know how to use. Thor was eating all the poptarts. Tony was in the kitchen with a drink in his hand, yelling at a robot, and sounding like he had had a little too much to drink. Typical Tony. Pepper was yelling at him, and Bruce went to find his room, probably to avoid hulking out due to stress. I didn't know what to do, so I found an empty room and set up my stuff.

That's when I heard the crash.