Chapter 20

Megan
Los Angeles, CA
October 31st

I shoved the syrup soaked pancake in my mouth and made a face of false disgust while looking at him making him smack his teeth in frustration.

"Its still nasty?" he asked raising his perfect eyebrows at me

I laughed at the irritation on his face and shook my head no making him sigh in relief and sit down. I had been teaching him how to make pancakes for the past week now. As soon as I came back to LA, I started preparing with his lawyer Mark, for my case meaning I had to be at his house majority of my day.

Somewhere in the middle of that, I spent the night over once, he tried to be a gentleman and make me breakfast the next morning only for me to cut into one of the pancakes, and all the batter leaked out. He was so disappointed in himself that day so I offered to teach him, and after 3 failed pancakes, he finally got it.

I applauded him, "Yaaaayyy Chris!" I exclaimed.

Of course he started to get extra and bowed down while waving to his fake crowd. "Come kiss the chef." he said holding a hand out to me.

I rolled my eyes but grabbed his hand anyway, he helped me lift myself up. I stood on my tip toes a bit and placed a nice peck on his cheek before patting his chest and going to sit back down.

"Now all of a sudden you scared of my lips." he commented.

"I'm not scared, just don't know who they been all over while we weren't talkin." I shrugged

He laughed lightly, "You one to talk when you got that corny nigga on yo arm everyday." he said

"Yeah, I been fuckin' one nigga, not multiple people." I shot back.

"So you gave him your virginity?" he asked slowly

I made a stank face, "No. What? Ew. He just gave me head like two times and we kissed... calm down." I said fanning him off playfully.
As soon as I said that, his tense body visibly relaxed, jealous ass.

"You always find a way to make us argue." he commented.

"I just say what's on my mind and state facts, you the one who can't handle the truth about yourself."

He looked me up and down for a moment, "Well since we telling the truth, ya lacefront lifting on the side a little." he commented, I snorted but didn't pay him any mind.

"I'll fix it once you let go of that struggle beard... and that ugly ass hair." I scrunched my face up looking at the flame surrounding his head and shook my head.

He put his head down and laughed while I sat there with a smug smile on my face. He should know by now that'd I'd always be one comeback ahead of him.

"You got me." he admitted, I just smirked im response continuing to eat my pancakes. "But anyway, today Mark said we-"

"No." I cut him off before he could even tell me.

He gave me a confused look, "No?"

"No." I repeated. "Its Halloween, fuck that bitch and fuck that case, we been workin on this shit for a week, whatever happens in court happens, I need a damn break from all the bullshit." I said to him.