Chapter 31

Chris
August 15th
Miami, FL

I kissed Royalty's forehead as she slept
soundly on my chest, we were up early this morning because I wanted to spend more time with her before I went to court. We were sitting in my house I rented out here for the time being, Megan and my mom were doing their makeup or whatever and my driver would be here any minute so I could appear for court.

The nervous feeling I usually had when I used to get in trouble came back, but this time, ten fold. I was terrified, I wanted to cry but I wouldn't. I thought I'd be accepting of this but now that its all down to it, I don't want to leave my girls. Yesterday with Royalty, mama and Megan was probably one of the best days of my life and I realized I'd be giving all that up.

"Daddy's sorry Roro... just know I love you." I mumbled to her as she still slept, "Ima miss you so much, you still gone come visit but it'll never be the same and I know you know it you're a smart girl Ro. Just know ima always be here, and I'll call you every single day." I promised her while silently praying in the back of my head that she remained sleep through the entire process so she wouldn't have to see me be taken away.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Megan, she was looking beautiful as usual with her natural hair brushed back into a low bun. She wore a grey suit and her black YSL heels, my eyes flickered down to her wrist and I noticed she wore the colorful diamond bracelet I got her in Paris. I reached over and grabbed her hand, inspecting it.

"I forgot I even bought this motherfucka." I chuckled running my hand over it.

She scoffed, "I didn't. Its the first diamond thing I ever got in my life. I been having this bitch in the box for too long." she said smiling.

"I'm glad I could make you happy baby." I said and kissed her hand.

She smiled sadly at me, not letting her hand leave mine. "Chris are you sure you wanna do this? I mean you could run away and change your identity-"

"And get in more trouble than I'm already in? No thanks." I chuckled, "I would never be able to get away with that for forever and you know it." I said

"I just don't want you to go." she said, her voice wavering a bit, I looked her in the eyes and realized she was about to cry. I wanted to hold her but with Royalty sleeping on my chest still, it'd be hard.

"You'll be so alone in there and just stuck in a cell for God knows how long-"

I interrupted her, "Stop making me think about it Megan." I said lowly

"Well you have to, Chris you're risking a lot because of this and you did it for me-"

"And I'll do it again in a heartbeat." I interrupted her again.

She shook her head no, "No you won't because I won't let you, you have so much to lose now and prison is the last place you should be."

I sighed harshly, "Okay Megan whatever." I said nonchalantly kind of feeling tired of everyone telling me the same shit over and over. I get they meant well, but its still my decision and I'm clearly not going to give up on goin through with it.

Immediately she closed her mouth and frowned deeply, holding my hand in hers. "... have you spoken to your friends?" she asked

"Yeah last night when y'all fell asleep on me. Everybody just feelin sorry for me, my fans are upset, its real tough but I keep trying to reassure everybody that ima be okay in there. I'm strong, I know I can do it." I said