Chapter eight: The Golden Dawn

Yuno took your hand and walked towards your new squad. You saw the captain and, what you assumed, the vice-captain. "(Y/n), Yuno. Welcome to the Golden Dawn."

The boy who stood next to the captain handed you and Yuno a Golden Down robe. "I'm Langris Vaude. I'm the vice-captain. The uniforms are in your wardrobes at the base."

"I'm sure you already know but I'm William Vangeance. Your captain. Langris, if you would."

Langris nodded once and opened a spatial magic portal. The captain went through, followed by Yuno and you. Langris followed soon after.

You stood in front of a huge building. It almost looked like a castle. There was a big garden at the entrance and even more space inside.

"Now, you two can go on. Your senior will be waiting for you." William said as he and Langris disappeared into the building.

You turned to Yuno. "This is amazing isn't it?" Yuno looked at you and nodded in amazement. "It is big."

Then you and him started walking towards the building. On your way there you saw a man. "So you two are the new members this year?"

He had light blue hair and wore glasses. Judging from his uniform, he was one of the Golden Dawn as well. "What are your names?"

"(Y/n)."

"Yuno."

"Hmpf. I'm Klaus Lunettes. Both of you aren't even a royal nor a noble but peasants from the boonies, and he let you join our squad. What in the world is Captain Vangeance thinking? Don't get big heads just because all the captains raised their hands for you two. You won't be accepted as a member of the Golden Dawn that easily."

You crossed your arms and walked up to the man. "Well mister Klaus Lunettes. Do you see this robe I'm wearing? You'll have to accept us, you don't get a choice and in my eyes, the captain is a really nice man."

Yuno spoke up right after you too. "I'll see to it that you accept us soon."

Klaus turned around. "Tch. You two sure have big mouths. Especially you, (Y/n)." He then walked away.

You followed him and so did Yuno. He gave a quick tour through the base and eventually went to your rooms. Your room was next to Yuno's.

It was enormous. Golds and blues were everywhere. The bed was huge too. Klaus walked inside. "(Y/n), this is your room. His room is next to this one. How unfortunate, these rooms are wasted on you two."

That pissed you off. You had just joined and he was already judging you based on status. "Look, you may be my senior and all that but don't you dare judge people based on statuses. You'll underestimate your enemy and even your own teammates."

Klaus walked over to the door. "Don't speak to me like that. I know better than you. Tomorrow I'll be lecturing you two on your duties as a Magic Knight. I'd rather not be your instructor but-."

You glared at him. He was talking bad again. You put your hands on your hips and raised your eyebrows.

"-don't look at me like that. Anyways, the captain ordered me to so I had no choice. You, come with me." He pointed at Yuno and made his way out of your room.

Yuno was still standing in the same position. "It's Yuno. I have a name and it's Yuno, Klaus."

Klaus clearly looked down on Yuno. He held his chin high, which means the person thinks better of themselves. "I'm your senior, you'll address me with respect."

"Understood." Yuno then walked after Klaus to his own room.

"Yuno, don't forget about Hage, if you know what I mean." He smiled again and closed the door behind him, leaving you alone in your room.