Chapter twenty-five: Dominique

You followed Yuno until you were all in the middle of the bridge. The spy stood there, silently and took his hood off. "Let us get off this bridge first." He lead you three to across the bridge. There was some kind of weird open area, away from the village. You all followed him, still with your guard up. The spy began talking again. "You three must be from the Capital."

Yuno didn't take his hood off, still suspicious of this person but nodded. "And you are?" You guys hadn't exactly gotten a name so it was quite difficult to tell whether or not this was an imposter.

"Dominique. But unfortunately for you three..." He paused for a second, looking down at your feet. When you had realized what was going on, you were already trapped inside the cage of flying leaves. "I'm not the spy."
(One of y'all knew the meaning of 'Adela Estelle' so this time I actually searched it up. Dominique means: Belonging to the Lord
Or so they say on the internet)

Ginga was able to save himself from it, pulling off the cloak and floating above you and Yuno. "Dominique right? Where's the spy?"

Dominique got his Grimoire out and grinned. "One somehow avoided my trap huh? Anyways, your spy... he's... Dead. He's been buried underground by my precious leaves."

You clicked with your tongue and used your purple mana swirls to easily blow the cage of leaves away. "This cloak is annoying, how can you fight in this?!" Your tone sounded extremely annoyed, which you were. As fast as you could, you threw the cloak off and stood there in your uniform. "This is the second situation in Situation C. The spy has been killed."

Yuno easily blew the leaves away with his Wind Magic, threw his cloak off as well and nodded. "Let's just get this over with. (Y/n), try not to kill him."

Bell, who was in Yuno's cloak, got thrown away as well. The two of you got your Grimoires out. Dominique gasped slightly at the sight of two four-leaf Grimoire. Despite his slightly surprised expression, he managed to keep his grin on his face.

You looked at Yuno, slightly concerned. "Is everything okay? You've been staring at your cloak for seconds now." All of you were completely ignoring the man who had killed the spy.

"I think Bell was in that cloak when I threw it off." He replied with absolutely no concern for the spirit in his tone. Just like he said, Bell sneezed and came from under Yuno's cloak.

"Why?" She questioned and flew back towards Yuno, only to fly around his head. Dominique was slowly losing his mind, stuck his hand in the air and screamed: "Attack!"

Around 50 mages came from the bushes behind him and began attacking you and Yuno with very basic spells. There were three others who weren't as basic and they stood behind Dominique, silently waiting for him to give another sign.

Yuno and you began fighting the men on your own. You only used one specific spell that would harm them, but not kill them. "Galaxy Magic: Air Fisher Bullet." You drew a magic circle in the air and it began shooting 'stars'. They each hit their target in both their legs and arms, immobilizing them.

Eventually you and Yuno managed to immobilize all the basic mages, leaving the four experienced ones. You sighed and stretched your arms. "Are you four going to do something or?"

Dominique stepped forward and smirked. "Obviously." The four of them opened their Grimoires and stood ready. "Compound Magic: The Infinite Tree!" They all combined their magic to create a giant tree. Some of the tree's trunks shot at you and Yuno while others trapped you and him inside some kind of bowl made out of wood.

You looked at Yuno, sighed and kept on dodging the tree trunks that were trying to attack you. "Well, this is certainly unfortunate."

Ginga knocked on the walls made out of wood and looked at you two. "There's mana going through the wood, it'll be difficult to break them with the spells you two can use right now. The wood is also sucking your mana out. They're trying to tire you out, watch out."