Chapter eighteen: Clashing between nobles and peasants

"I wonder what decoration ceremonies are like." Asta wondered as you all walked through the hall to get to the ceremony.

"Probably a lot of high-ranked people gathered in one room with a lot of food." You replied with a serious expression.

Ginga was sitting on your should but could barely actually sit still because he was really excited. "I've missed these kinds of ceremonies! They're a lot of fun!"

Then you all finally arrived. "Now then. Can you give me better results than them?" With that, the Wizard King opened the doors to the ceremony.

A lot of people were staring at you guys. You had no idea as to who these people are and thus you decided to ask your Spirit. "Hey Ginga, who are all those people?"

Ginga looked around and began whispering. "Nozel, Nebra and Solid Silva. Charlotte Roselei and Sol Marron. Hamon Caseus, Shiren Tium and Alecdora Sandler. Last but not least Fuegoleon Vermillion. I have no idea who the little boy is."

The King was already further into the room while you all were still standing at the door. "Thanks Ginga."

"Now, then... let us begin the decoration ceremony."

And so the ceremony began. "With seven stars earned, Leopold Vermillion of the Crimson Lion Kings."

This went on for a while until all the awards were given away. "Well done all of you. Now then, there's a simple reception set up for you, so go enjoy yourselves. Oh! I almost forgot! I've invited some special guests today. Make sure you get to know each other very well."

One more time everyone was staring at you all. It seemed like Ginga was enjoying the attention but you certainly weren't.

"Something came up, so I have to excuse myself, but have fun!" The Wizard King then just walked away. Leaving you guys and those nobles alone.

Soon you all reached the little reception the King was talking about. A lot of tables with food were gathered and everyone was standing around a different table. Of course, you were with your group.

"All those stares are beginning to hurt." Klaus said as he sipped out of his glass.

Ginga flew up and clapped in his hands. "I've really missed these stares! I don't know why but it feels nostalgic!"

You looked at Ginga and frowned. "You're going to stay silent now, we clearly aren't enjoying this. I don't want to believe it but one of my relatives was probably high-ranked."

Ginga looked back at you with a confused expression. "Why's that?"

Between your conversation with Ginga, Asta was enjoying the food like nothing was going on at all. "The heck is this?!"

You took a deep breath and tried to ignore Asta so you could continue your conversation with Ginga. "Well you see. The Captain knows about them, the Wizard King knows about them. You know all those high-ranked people. So basically there is no other conclusion than to assume I am high-ranked as well."

Ginga nodded slowly, trying to take in what you just said. "I think you might actually be right. I just remember a lot of very expensive stuff in a house. It wasn't anything like the church back at Hage Village."

"Really? I don't want to believe it. I need proof." You then took one of the pieces of bread laying on the table and began eating it. "Woah... it's actually good."

"(Y/n)? You too?" You received a weird look from Klaus and Yuno.

"Me too wha-? Oh.." You just then saw Asta gulping down food that was on the table like he didn't care about your current situation.