Chapter twenty-three: A New Mission

Yuno and you were walking outside the base in order to get to the Captain. Ginga was floating behind you two and Bell, who got released because she was screaming too hard, was sitting in Yuno's hair.

When you reached the door, you knocked. "Captain? It's (Y/n) and Yuno." You waited two seconds and got an answer to say you were able to come inside.

Yuno opened the door for you. You walked inside, thanking him and kneeled in front of the Captain. Yuno kneeled down besides you.

The Captain stepped forward and cleared his throat. "I wanted to say two things. First, congratulations on getting promoted. I heard everything from the Wizard King."

"Thank you sir."

"Next, I have a mission for you two. The Wizard King suggested that you two work together, that's why I assigned it to you. So the mission is to gather information on the Eye of the Midnight Sun. We have a spy working there and we're supposed to be meeting up with him at Kyanion Bridge in one week. It's a bridge that connects the outside world with a village that is stationed in the middle of a hole where once a meteorite fell." Vangeance held up a map for visualization. "As you can see, this is in the Common Realm. There's a river, over that river is the bridge and across the river is said village. I want you two to meet up with him there and bring him back to us. Do whatever it takes to bring him back, I don't want any casualties. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. You're dismissed."

Yuno and you stood up and began leaving the room. It sure was a whole ride to listen to him and now you have a mission, an extremely important mission at that.

When you were outside, you and Yuno walked up to a bench and sat down to discuss what you had just heard. "(Y/n), it takes us three days to get there so maybe we should depart in two days."

You nodded in agreement. If you were to depart in two days, you'd have five days to get there. Since it only takes three days —considering you would use a broom— you'd have two days left to look around the village and gather other sorts of information.

Ginga came floating from behind and sat down on your shoulder. "This mission seems interesting... if this person manages to escape without someone following him, this should be fairly easy."

You looked up at the sky and sighed. "If this man has been found out before he even gets there, we'll have a slight problem... You heard the Captain, we need to do whatever it takes to bring him back."

"Yeah! But we'll do well since we have Yuno~!" Bell said as she flew around Yuno's face. To be honest, Bell was like a little fangirl. Ginga was better, he cared for you like a close friend. He didn't fanboy over you.

Ginga shook his head and stretched his arms. "We can also depart today. If we do that, we won't have to hurry and we can take our time. What about it?"

You stood up from the bench and nodded. "Sure. Seems like a plan. Yuno? You in?"

Yuno stood up as well and agreed to Ginga's plan. "Sure. Let's pack."

The four of you were going back to your rooms in order to pack a bag. You stuffed an extra set of clothes, a water bottle, some food and milk for Ginga in the bag.

When you were done, you switched the lights off and left your room. Yuno was already there waiting for you. He had packed and Bell was sitting on his head.

Both you and him walked out of the building towards the brooms. You were just about to go when a certain person called out to you two. "Oi! (Y/n)! Yuno! What do you think you're doing?!"

You turned around and faced no one other than Klaus Lunettes. "Klaus-senpai, Yuno and I have a mission. We're leaving."

Klaus looked at you dumbfounded. "You? A mission? Why didn't I hear of this? I'm your superior!"

"The Captain gave us this mission directly." Yuno said in a matter-of-fact tone. Bell jumped up and pointed at Klaus. "Yeah! Now let us leave!"

Klaus sweat dropped and pushed his glasses up. "I cannot believe the Captain gave you two a mission directly. He only does that when it's extremely important... Ugh..."

Ginga decided to step in as well. "Hey hey hey, you four-eyes. Let us leave now! It is indeed an extremely important mission! We can't mess this up! The Captain will get mad if we do! So let us go!"

Klaus had a slight irk mark on his and growled. "Fine. Go. Tch, don't mess things up. Especially you (Y/n). You still act immature."

You crossed your arms and gasped in a very offended tone. "That's so mean... I have matured a lot. Of course I won't mess things up!"

Yuno looked at you with a look of 'you-sure?' An irk mark appeared on your head this time and you clicked with your tongue. "Anyways, let us get going."

You and Yuno took a broom. Yuno stood on it while you sat down like a normal person would. You four waved Klaus off and were now your way to Kyanion Bridge and Kyanion Village.

The ride there was extremely silent apart from the two Spirits talking. Yuno wasn't the type of person to start a conversation and even if you were to start a conversation, there was no way it would keep going since Yuno would just answer solely with: 'Hmm, sure and mhm.' Nothing else.

Because of that, the ride was extremely boring. Though, looking at the landscape below you was beautiful to see. All the people walking in the streets seemed like little ants.

It was close to evening and Yuno decided to set up a little camp so you all could stay the night. He landed in a little forest and began setting up the camp while you and Ginga began fishing for fish and baking them.

The cycle of flying, setting up a camp, looking for food and sleeping continued for three days straight. After those three days you all finally arrived at the village.

Yuno and you landed in front of the bridge that connected the Common Realm with this village. The two of you took your brooms and crossed the bridge.

Once there, you looked around. The houses looked like normal houses. The people looked fairly normal. Everything looked normal at first sight. "We should find some kind of Inn."

Yuno agreed and thus you two began looking for one. After what seemed like forever, you had finally found one. It wasn't all too big but it wasn't too small either.

You two booked the last room available. Unfortunately there weren't any other separate ones so you and Yuno would live together again. Well, it's not too bad, you did this all the time back at Hage... Nothing's wrong, right?

All of you walked inside the room, settled your stuff and went immediately to bed. It had been a long trip and you were all exhausted. You shared the bed with Yuno, like back at Hage. This only happened after arguing with Bell for who knows how long.

Ginga slept in the bed wherever was place and Bell managed to fall asleep in Ginga's hair because she was so small. It didn't take you all long because five minutes after Yuno switched the lights off, you fell asleep.

Let's hope this mission goes well without any casualties.

Word count: 1294
I'm so sorry this is very crappy...
Anyways, like I promised, here's the second chapter!
I hope you enjoy
And yet again, thank you all so much for reading!!!