Proper introduction

The hallway that's quiet all along the holidays are now pack with students, either new faces or the old ones

The hallway that's quiet all along the holidays are now pack with students, either new faces or the old ones. Each one of them already greeting one another, preparing their eyes to find their own circle as if they didn't hang out often during the off-school-days. The voices of the students chit-chatting with one another truly make the school looks as if there isn't any assembly going on in each classes. Well, one particular class is yet to be prepare for their assembly as a certain young teacher that may seem familiar to some people, brown-haired with her mouth that keeps on blabbering famous quotes or sayings from time to time. Not to mention her iconic yellow cardigan. Yup, it's Ms Amakata.

"So, before we start our class today, I would like to introduce to all of you to your new friend"

Miss Amakata says in front of the whole class. Well, to tell you the truth no one actually pay attention much to it. After all, it is the first day of school so the students will at least expect some new faces that might enter the class even when you're in the second-year of high school. Plus, most students are busy doing their own thing ; checking their hair, go through the social media before academic hours officially starts, reading few snippets of the topics will be learning and others. To sum up, no one actually cares whatever Ms Amakata just said. Still be having the holiday vibe you know ? However, when everyone was having all the time in the world minding their own business, a girl with long dark purple hair came in from the front door with a small silver bag on her back. She knows that she's allowed to enter because she saw Ms Amakata nodding to her few seconds ago so she just followed the signal that's all.

"Hi everyone, my name is Akashi Sakurai. Nice to meet you"

From the big sleepyhead to the highest rank gamers to the freaky science geek to the heavy daydreamer , everyone literally have their eyes on Sakurai

From the big sleepyhead to the highest rank gamers to the freaky science geek to the heavy daydreamer , everyone literally have their eyes on Sakurai. She is a beauty, hard to describe especially when you only meet her for few seconds. Her scarlet eyes with a hint of purple, her eyes represent the ruby gemstone pretty well. Hard to guess where she got those eyes from but those beautiful pair of eyes might be from her own genetics. Which side ? Well that's a question for later. Anyway, if you look close enough you can actually see that most people in the class have their eyes glued to her, except for two familiar faces.

"Now Miss Akashi, you can have a seat at the empty space beside Haruka. Haruka please put up your hand "

Sakurai was happy at the thought that she might make friends with the girl she is going to sit with. One thing she did not know is that, Haruka is not a name for a girl but it's actually a guy.
Shock can be seen all over her face when she saw his hand but what choice does she have ? Plus, that's the only available seat in the class after all. She was even more shock when the person she bumped to earlier was sitting in front of her. Makoto then wave at her when she was passing by him and even gave her one of his eye-smile. Smiling back was the option she chose but somehow, she felt that a pair of eyes as cold as ice were glaring at her for no particular reason. The moment she realise about it, Haru already shifted his gaze towards the window. What in the world is his problem ?

The class when on like any normal highschool, except in between Makoto wrote his name on a piece of paper and passes it to her which she didn't mind too much, until the bell rings signaling, its their break time. As Sakurai is still new, she does not know where to go or who she should ask to. However, before she could even make a move, as if someone just read her mind, Makoto went up to her and asked her if she wants to eat together with him and his friends. She doesn't mind that much as Makoto is by far the only person she actually talk to, well if you consider the bumping incident before school and the paper passing. Not just that, it's not like she's not use to befriend with boys. She always hang out with her brother's teammates back in the days so she doesn't see any problem of accepting Makoto's offer. Sakurai realise that the seat beside her is already empty but she couldn't care less about it. Hope I won't be meeting him for recess.

Makoto led Sakurai to the rooftop, which is the spot where all of the Iwatobi Swim Club members hang out together during their recess time. There, she some unfamiliar faces sitting near the wall in a circle together ; a guy with red-frame glasses, another cute blondie boy, a girl with ponytail burgundy hair but the worst of all, Haru is in the circle too. When Sakurai saw Haru, she turned her back to them to go back from where she came from however, the blondie suddenly went up to her and pulled her arm to sit beside him. She was surprised at first but when she saw others reaction, it seems like a normal thing to them so she just let the blondie dragged her to the circle. The blondie then introduce himself as Nagisa and he introduced the others to her too ; the glasses guy as Rei and burgundy hair girl as Gou.

"It's Kou not Gou !" said Gou to Nagisa.

"Gou Gou Gou" Nagisa repeat while running away from Gou all around the rooftop.

"They're always like that, don't mind them", Rei said.

Sakurai just smiled back, to be honest, she actually don't know what to say or even how to start a conversation with all of them. She was going to stand up and leave them as it was awkward for her to be around them but Haru out of sudden, grabbed her hand and ask her to sit back down, which took her by surprise. She just sighed and turned her head towards Haru, only to be seeing him gazing somewhere else. Seriously, what does he want from me ? Before she can even open her mouth, Nagisa then sit back down beside her and start bombarded her with questions,

"Where did you study for junior high? What club are you planning to join? Can you swim?"

Sakurai was so shock at all of Nagisa's questions. It was not because the questions were hard, it was due the fact that she was trying to catch up to all of the questions given, it was just too fast ! But she eventually answered all of them ; she studied in Teiko Junior High, she didn't think about joining a club yet and yes she swims. She thought questions are going to stop coming out as she had given her answers, but turns out the others are also asking her questions especially after she mentioned that she swims. It was a very long break.

Back in class :

"Sakurai, I know this is much to ask but if you haven't choose a club yet and actually want to swim more, come join us at the pool after school ", Makoto said, few seconds before the teacher came.

Sakurai nodded as a response for the invitation, somehow she was contemplating whether to go or not.
Thanks to the break earlier, she found out that Makoto is the captain of the Iwatobi Swimming Club with backstroke as his best stroke, Haru loves free, Nagisa best stroke is breast and Rei can only swim butterfly while Gou is their manager. Then, without her realising, she was holding her right shoulder with her left hand, which was observe silently by Haru from the side. I might give it a try, she said to herself. After all, she does loves swimming more than anything else, maybe even more than her own self.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone ! Since I was overly excited, so I accidentally finished the second chapter straight away after I published the first one😅 so here you go. Do leave some comments and feedbacks and I will definitely take those feedbacks into mind and reply those comments, believe me I love to interact with you guys. Thank you again yall☺️