Farewell

At Haru's house :

Haru went back to his house after the visiting hours ended. Apparently, he was the only one that visited Sakurai that day because others were busy with their own plans or practices. He didn't mind it as much because he got to spend his time together with Sakurai. He went back to his room, lying down on his bed while staring at the ceiling with his other hand on his forehead. He kept on thinking about what Sakurai said to him at the hospital.

~~

"I have something to tell you"

"What is it ?"

"Erm, thank you..For helping me"

"Welcome"

"I mean.. I'm sorry I'm not ready to tell you about what's actually happening to me. I know you've been asking me about it since forever. But... I'm sorry. I just can't yet"

"Alright then. But..."

Suddenly Haru went nearer to Sakurai which surprised her a bit. His face went closer to her ear then whispered,

"But if you're ready, let me be the first one to know"

His voice was so low and soft which made Sakurai's heart beat a bit faster than before.  What is this feeling ? Without realising, tinted pink appeared on her cheeks which made a little smirk formed on Haru's face.

~•

Haru was still curious on what secret that Sakurai's been hiding. It seems like she didn't tell anyone about it or it's just her to not talk to people about herself. Maybe that's why sometimes people with smiles everyday might actually keep secrets within themselves. His curiosity lead him to opening his phone, searching for Rin's contact number. Well, both Sakurai and Rin were from the same school before, eventhough Rin did left to Australia at some point. But, maybe there's something that he might know ? However, it is so not like him to send a text to people, let alone asking about another person. Therefore, Haru closed his phone and put it away, wondering why he kept on worrying about her. The want to be the one protecting her, is becoming a part of him at the moment. Eventually, he turned his body aside, closing his eyes then trying to put away all those thoughts with sleeping.

At Rakuzan :

After few days staying in the hospital, finally Sakurai was able to be discharged. She was happy about the fact that she's free but she's also sad that her time in Rakuzan is coming to an end too. She wanted to stay a bit longer but knowing that her father is going to come back in a few more days, she doesn't have any other choice but to leave. Not just that, she wasn't able to get to know all of the Rakuzan starter players and that made her feel much more reluctant about her leave. First, she went to clean up her temporary locker then she decided to take a look at the basketball court.

Her legs took her there based on her memory when Chihiro picked her up the other day. Anyways, she went to take a peek into the court but there was no one there. It was totally empty with no sign of people neither a ball. Where is everyone ? , she said. Knowing that their upcoming matches is just around the corner, the fact that they didn't come to practice made her confuse. She knew how talented and well known they were, but do they have their head up high until they didn't even come for practice ? Not just that, if they don't come for practice that day then it means she will be leaving them without even giving a proper goodbye. The thought of it made her feel sad for a moment.

Suddenly, she heard sound of footsteps approaching her from behind and before she was able to do anything, her eyes were covered with a blindfold. She was going to punch the other person to get away but suddenly she hear a whisper saying that she needs to follow him. The voice sounded familiar, to be exact, it sounded like Kotaro's voice. Knowing that she's in safe hands, Sakurai just do as she was told to. Her steps were guided by that person and before she knew it, their steps immediately stopped. The person opened her blindfold and turns out her guess was right, it was Kotaro who put the blindfold onto her eyes. Apparently the first thing that she saw was his face so she couldn't guess where they were yet at the moment.