Prefecturals - Day 2

The upcoming event is the 100m boys medley relay. To be honest, all of the Iwatobi members were nervous because it's their first time trying out medley. One thing that make them worry was the exchange between one member to another. The order of the medley goes from backstroke, breast, butterfly then freestyle. All of them were standing in at the back of the starting board, waiting for their event to start. What they did not know was someone was running all the way to the side of the pool, ignoring Nitori's calls for him.

"W-wait for me, Matsuoka- senpai !"

Rin didn't listen to him instead, he ran much faster to the side of the lane, trying to see for himself if it's true that the Iwatobi members participated in the medley relay. The shining light from the sun blast through his eyes, he blocked the sunlight with his hands and the second he opened his eyes, he saw Makoto, Nagisa, Rei and Haru were all lining up at the back of the starting board. They signed up for the relay ?, he asked himself. He looked at all of them and by the time he saw Haru's face, he gritted his teeth out of frustration.

The whistle blew two times indicating that the first swimmer needed to enter the pool. Makoto took his place in the pool, putting both of his hands at the anchor of the starting board, ready to dive in anytime soon. On the other hand, both Gou and Miss Amakata were clasping their hands with the hope that the team will win this event. Sakurai was also watching them from the audience seat but this time, she moved forward until her hands gripped the barricade. I know you can do it guys.

*Beep*

The pistol blew and Makoto started swimming. Rin who was standing beside the pool was reminiscing on Makoto's backstroke, a rough but dynamic stroke that leaves everyone behind. It really hasn't changed at all since then. Next in line was Nagisa, who's doing the breaststroke. Rin couldn't forget the way Nagisa swims, his speed after the turn and how he extend his arms even further to create an illusion that'll make him look even faster.

After that, it's the butterfly stroke by Rei. Rin's eyes were twicthing, couldn't believe his eyes. Is that supposed to be a butterfly stroke ? Pathetic. Why is someone like him is swimming with them ? Rin couldn't stop on giving remarks about Rei's stroke. He knew he was way better than Rei, much better and faster than him. But why is he not the one swimming in the pool with the others ? He gritted his teeth being extremely jealous of Rei.

The last swimmer for the team was Haru. He went up on the starter board and made an eye contact with Rin from afar. Haru was shocked at the fact that Rin was actually watching them doing the relay, but it took him few seconds to put on his goggles and direct back his focus towards Rei. I don't need an answer right away. For now... I'll just be free!

"Haru !"

"Haru-chan !"

"He passed one !"

"He's in fourth !"

"He passed another !"

"Third !"

All eyes were on Haru. Hearts beating as fast as the timer, cheers of Haru's name could be heard all over the pool. From the audience seat until the starting board. The Iwatobi members were cheering their hearts out, hoping for Haru to get that first placing. Both Gou and Mrs Amakata were clasping each other's hands together while jumping excitedly, watching Haru who was closing up his gap with the swimmer in front of him.

"And another ! He's in second !"

"Second !"

Please Haru, one more person and you guys can go to regionals with me. I know you can. Sakurai was putting on very high hopes on Haru, she really wanted all of them to swim together in the regionals. She wanted to see them together again in a relay.