New beginning

" You're going to swim aren't you, Sakurai-senpai ? " this time, Rei is the one asking her.

She is still unsure if she should swim or not because there is something that's preventing her from swimming, well, the main reason why she stops swimming in the first place anyway. She then held her shoulder and decides if she should actually swim or not. Deep down her heart, she knows that she still wants to swim so because of that, she decided to do it.

With one condition ; no butterfly stroke.

It was a shocking news for Rei as he was expecting someone else who can do butterfly stroke beautifully but as that was Sakurai's request after all, Rei and the others can't do anything about it. She even mention to not ask her why she made such decision, which left all of them in complete silence.

Everyone gathered around her when she was getting started at the starting board. She was scared as she was worried something might happen to her until someone said,

" Be free ".

She smiled while closing her eyes, imagining the outcome of her swimming until the end of the pool. With all the hesitation has been let go, Sakurai pull her body to the back and let go of the board, plunging into the pool with all the momentum she's got which made her plunging look so, magnificent. She pulls her arm into the water, feeling the wind blowing to her head and as if she was being control, Sakurai was able to feel that her body moves in sync with the water, helping her to move forward like it was telling her to push away all her worries that has been kept inside her. With that, her movements becomes faster as she tries to let go of her past and tap !

She has already finished 100 meter freestyle ! All of the Iwatobi Club members were stunned, for them, she was so fast, until they thought she might be the same level as Haru to some extent.

" It was so beautiful Sakurai-senpai"

" How did you do that Sakurai-chan ?!".

Literally, all of them couldn't believe what just happen. Haru on the other hand just smirk while closing his eyes and says, the water likes her, to himself.

Sakurai just smile shyly with all of the compliments, in a matter of fact, she doesn't even know when the last time she felt that way. Deep down, she knows that she is finally free. Free from all her worries and past. Maybe the Iwatobi Club members do have something special in them and she wants to be a part of it too.

"Well, if that was okay then, can I join the Iwatobi Swimming Club ?" Sakurai asks.

With her saying that Nagisa, Rei and Gou immediately hug her which surprised her a bit but she manage to control the situation. Makoto gives Sakurai the green light to join the club while Haru just continue swimming in the pool. It was a new start for Sakurai, the beginning of her journey in swimming with the Iwatobi Club members. She smiles while looking at each one of them, Nagisa the sunshine in the team, Rei the highly theoritical mastermind, Gou the obsessive manager, Makoto the captain of club and lastly, Haru the cold yet the fastest swimmer she has seen in her life. It was a good day for her and she swear to herself that she will never forget that day ever.

On the way home :

Sakurai was walking together with Makoto and Haru as apparently all of them live in the same neighborhood. She didn't know that until Makoto asked her. But, it was no big of a deal, it's not like all of them will go to school together in the first place unless..

"Hey, Sakurai do you want to go to school with us next time ?" Makoto asks.

She was taken back by that question, since when does he has the ability to read my mind ? But somehow, she just agreed with him. Its not like it is a big deal anyways however, she was annoyed with Haru being too quiet while looking around when Makoto is trying his best to have a conversation with both of them.

"Haru, does the water really speaks to you ?" Sakurai asks.

This time, Haru look straight into her eyes. She was stunned at how pretty his blue eyes are, if only she can see them more often.

"I can feel it and that's what makes me free".

Well, it's not a really shocking statement from a boy who loves the water so much as she does feel the same way too. Sakurai then mention how rare it is to find someone as relatable as he is and how the Iwatobi Swimming Club members are now special to her in some way which makes Makoto flattered, well he is the team captain after all.

 Sakurai then mention how rare it is to find someone as relatable as he is and how the Iwatobi Swimming Club members are now special to her in some way which makes Makoto flattered, well he is the team captain after all

Later that they know, they have already arrived at Makoto's house and all of them were greeted by his younger siblings, Ren and Ran. Sakurai was so happy when she saw how cute and close both of them are with Makoto which reminds her of her brother. They use to be very close with one another until one day, something happened and her brother went from i will always take care of you, to you need to earn my respect to be able to see me in the eye. Looking at the Tachibana siblings, she was hoping for one day, she will have her big brother back, the one loving brother she use to have.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys ! So, here is a new chapter. I was excited with the story so do enjoy reading it. I will try my best to make longer chapters in the future. Oh yeah, do leave some comments and votes as I would really like to interact with you guys. See ya 😄