ADRIFT .(CHAPTER-3)

As we were driving on the highway in between the forest all of sudden I braked the car a bear was falling on the road and it seemed to be struggling with a deep pain groaning .....

I wanted to save but I just couldn't I knew it's worthless to treat the bear and before it becomes hostile we need to pass it .I just kept driving on as we reached Heryl I was shocked and this time the scene was just too dreadful then the site I had before this time these were not animals any more there were dead bodies of humans lying all around .

I braked the car the thought that was killing me from inside was Larry would he be alright seeing the miserable sight I already had lost the little hope I had in my mind.

I took out a surgical knife from my equipment box ,a tranquilizer and said Kathy to stay in with Bett she didn't wanted me to go out but I just can't let someone die in the way who never cared himself before me .

I assured Kathy that I would be back soon and not to worry about I have the tranquilizer although I knew the tranquilizer would be of no work when a high dose anaesthesia have failed to show it's effect.  

After giving Kathy and Bett a tight hug and kiss I came out of my car.The scene of dead animals was although bearable it wasn't at all bearable dead bodies all around the most disturbing site I ever had seen in my life.I just continued to the place where I last left Larry,struggling to walk through the dead bodies I finally reached near our van.

Larry was falling on the road with tears in his eye's and his eyes closed he had a deep hurt on his left leg and it seemed to be a bite .

Seeing him I said "Hey Larry !!! I am here don't worry you will be fine let's go ."

Larry opened his eyes slowly with tears in his eye's he stared me he got too much emotional seeing me there and he wanted to stand up but he couldn't because of his wound.

I said " Larry just keep sitting and stop crying you are a brave man what happened to you be strong ."

Larry replied "Sir I was a brave man and had always tried to stay strong in every situation ,today I have failed to complete the challenge in front of me ."(he just kept crying.)

I said  "Larry you would be alright my friend don't lose hope ...keep struggling for a little more time ."

Larry said "I can't sorry sir I just failed to be with you ...forgive me sir."

Tear's from his eyes were making me lose control over my subdued emotions.Any how I just don't wanted myself to be emotional too in front of him in the situation.

Larry cried with pain and the last words he spoke to me,

"Sir just collect the samples of my body test them find a vaccine save humanity from getting demolished in this way." He became unconscious I checked his pulse it wasn't beating any more he is no more ....I lost control over my emotions tears from my eyes fell on the ground .I put the syringe in his hand to collect the blood just a little amount of blood .

The bite he had on his left leg was not of any carnivorous I couldn't find the canines only molars a herbivore had bitten him in a very strengthful manner.

I stood up wiped my tears with my shirt kept his body inside the van and as I moved towards my car.

Kathy was too happy to see me back and disappointed too for not seeing Larry with me 

She asked  "Where's Larry ?"

I looked at her and said "He's no more..."

Kathy seemed disappointed .I made her understand "It's not the time to be sad many more are going to die ."  Saying this I sat in the car and we drove as it was getting darker we need to find a place looking here and there for a shelter suddenly I saw a broken house .In the time it was just perfect to have shelter for night .

We stopped there and we came out with the knife in my pocket and torch in my hand I held Kathy's hand and Kathy was holding Bett in her arms.We moved towards the house slowly and it seemed to be  safe with no one in it.As we reached inside the house I brought some broken wood pieces of the house kept them brought a little amount of diesel from my car poured over it and fired it up with the lighter.

Kathy took out the foods we have brought we ate them and then I said Kathy to sleep ,Bett was in no mood to hear a story from me although he was just 8 he was understanding the situation he slept being too much tired.

I was awake I still couldn't believe it all seemed to be a nightmare everything is changed the humanity is destroying.I went near my car brought out the research files of Dr.Edward Shappery and started reading them carefully the file I had ignored 4 years before I never have imagined a day would come when I have to read them so carefully left all alone with the only file.

I started reading the papers the rough diagram drawn by Dr.Edward was exactly the same as the virus infecting the animals I have studied under the microscope .

Dr.Edward had prepared the research papers 9 years before how he just had knew about the virus  9 years before is he a time traveller !!! I was all just perplexed anyway I kept reading "The virus seemed to have no end it would continue spreading  yet no vaccine is found ,it's enough to wipe out complete humanity from earth .It's a strain of viruses found in animal's once it's gets mutated due to the radioactive content growing in the rivers flowing through Heryl it would just keep on modifying itself within fraction of seconds just strong enough to take complete control over humans brain also.It can't be killed or stopped forever until a vaccine to slow down its mutating rate isn't found . REXILE-20 is just a too much efficient virus it had always remained in living being's body in an inactivated manner finding a catalyst to start mutating .

Aware people about this stop polluting the rivers with radioactive materials."

The request of Dr.Edward for creating awareness among people regarding the fact was suppressed by the high class scientists sitting comfortably in there cabin waiting for those work's where they could get profit.And now if also they have made some profit are all just worthless !!!!And what to say others when me too is included under the category I remember how carelessly I had put the file by side.

 Although I got some information regarding the virus origin but that's not enough to save humanity . I decided to move to Lavice the next morning to the address of Dr.Edward that I  have found it's been 9 years he started researching on it he must have found the vaccine I was having a strong hope in my mind ..... I was just cut off all news my radio isn't working with phone dead what's the use of all these technologies when they are just all paralyzed in the time of need "Rubbish !!!"I said in anger.......(END OF CHAPTER-3)