THE BLUNDER.(CHAPTER-8)

I was just pulling the trigger back again and again thinking it to be some defect in gun but no it wasn't working !!!.The infected bear was coming towards me and I was left with no idea.I was just moving backward slowly .

Suddenly Kathy shouted from my back "Mason take this."She gave me a tranquilizer falling on the ground perhaps it fell when I was loading in a hurry .She was out of the car as I asked her to move inside the car .She was running back towards the car .The infected bear seemed to be distracted all of a sudden and chased Kathy .

"Kathy runn !!!!"I shouted .As she looked back the bear was after her she got terrified and as she was trying to run faster but she stumbled and fell down.I immediately loaded the rifle and shoot aiming the bears head it pierced in through .But it became too late the bear fell on the ground and I ran near Kathy .She has been scratched on her right arm.

"Don't worry Kathy you will be alright just wait."I went to bring my equipment box . Bett was sitting inside with tears in his eyes staring out of the cars window.I opened the cars door and immediately took out some bandages and antiseptics .Bett was saying nothing he was sitting quietly. 

Kathy was fainting and said "I am not able to breathe properly."

"Don't worry Kathy just have patience stay strong ."I said her. The place isn't that safe also the bear could come back to sense in any time .I was bandaging her suddenly it seemed as if a lot of animals were coming from all around us .The fear within me was just growing up suddenly some more infected bears and deer came out surrounding us from all around.

Yes that was there ability of smelling !!! which was attracting them towards us.I stood up and I was having no more tranquilizers left in the rifle .They were heading towards us slowly in the way a tiger steps slowly for his prey .They could jump on us anytime and I was prepared for that .A bear jumped on me I put forward my hands covering my head . A loud sound of someone falling as I looked up the bear was falling on the ground and he had a tranquilizer in his head who could it be Kathy was still on the ground unconscious .Suddenly all animals started falling down .I looked forward to see who was shooting .All of a sudden from behind a car in the bush a person came out .He came towards me "Harper !!!"I shouted .He opened his mask it was Harper he came near me .As he saw Kathy falling on the ground he asked"Is she bitten ?"

"No but she got  scratched on her right hand by the infected bear ."I said.

"Leave her behind and let's get out of here as quick as possible ."He said in ordering voice.

"She is my wife and yes there's a deal with you, you just can't impose me with your stupid orders always ."I said in a angry voice .I just become too serious when it comes to my family and he can't order me always.

"Hey !!!calm down I am not here to get involved in all these nonsense emotional dramas .I traced your location being constant in this place while you stopped all of a sudden that's what made me to come here."He said .

"And yes if u wanna keep her with you then no problem just stay ready to turn into a zombie with her it would take no more time for her to turn into a zombie now."Saying this Harper started moving towards his car.

I kneed down near Kathy held her hands kissed her tear drops from my eyes fell on her face.

"Sorry Kathy I am really sorry....... I promise you to take care of Bett rest in peace Kathy."I cried .

"Can we go if everything is over. "Harper shouted standing near his car. 

I stood up wiped my tears in my shirt and went near my car .Bett was sitting in the car near it's window with tears in his eyes .I opened the door kissed on his head "Hey strong boy don't cry you need to fight with these zombies bravely."I said him .He said nothing and remained quit.I tried for the last time but the engine didn't start .

"Hey great scientist !!! if you are out of your ego you can come in my car."Harper said .

I took out my equipment box holding the rifle I said Bett we will continue our journey with someone brave guy like you .He came out and was quit still we moved towards Harpers car opened the back door sat down .

 Harper started the car and we were about to move Bett looked back towards her mother once for the last time... tears came out from his eyes and he sat down.I kept my hand on his shoulders and slide near him .

We moved on towards Lavice ............

-----------------------

END OF CHAPTER-8.