PREVALENT.(CHAPTER-9)

Bett slept on me crying I laid my back leaning against the car's back seat and closed my eyes all my memories of Kathy were coming in my mind as a flashback.She would never come back but her memories they gonna stay in my mind till my last breathe.Tears came out of my eyes with my eyes closed .

After about half an hour we reached Lavice.

Bett was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him up I lifted him in my arms .Harper came out holding his rifle and looked me "you should wake him up you can't fight a zombie single handed."He said me.

"I would take care of it ."I said.

"Ohk then."Harper said.

While we walked towards Harper's house Harper asked "Have you made some new observations on these zombies ??"

Although I wanted to say but I was not in a mood to discuss on it "Not yet" I replied in a slow sad voice.

"You need to and yes it's not the time to make yourself involved in these emotional dramas .Hey listen one advice break all these emotions when you gonna die you are not going to take your family with you ."Harper said.

I don't know why but I felt motivated by his way of seeing life and off course he is someone who knows the family emotions more then me when he lost his father but what about his mother??.. I never had asked.

"Harper I don't mean to offend you but where's your mother ??"I asked .

"Hmm..she died for something great which the country would have remembered in the situation if some stupids like you would not have interfered."He said and looked a bit angry.

"I didn't understand you and I am unable find my role here."I asked him.

"You don't need to.... by the way she died when she made herself ready to take a vaccine made by my father as first human trial."Harper said and finally we reached near his house.

"Ok I really feel sorry for your mother"I said .

"Ohh thank you !! but you can keep your formalities with you I hate that."He said laughingly.

The thing that I learnt from him is to accept every challenge of life in a easy way rather than getting depressed by it.

He opened his door and we entered there.

"So if you are not in a mood to go back to your lovely house I can give you one of my room till our deal isn't completed."Harper said.

And yes why shall I go back to that old broken house."No I would be thankful if you help me giving me a room to stay in."I said.

He asked me to come with him and he took us near a room opened it and said me "you can stay in here."

"Thank You !!!"I said.And went inside the room it had a small bed, a table ,a lamp and a chair with  a lot of photos of Harper with his father and mother it seemed to be Harper's room.

I made Bett sleep on the bed and  sat on the chair.

Harper came with a glass of water and some cookies and kept on the table "You can eat them and come to the other room for some work."Harper said and left the room.

I was in no mood to eat but I don't want to fall ill in such situation and forcibly eat two cookies drank water and motivated myself **I need to fight**and went to the other room.

Harper was sitting on a chair observing something under the microscope .I went near him and sat down "Can I help you ??"I asked.

He looked at me suddenly "Ohh you came.fine !!so if you are out of your emotions now ???"He asked.

"Yes I am ready for a new start !!!."I said in a motivated and encouraged voice.

"Oh great !!! I haven't thought you would make yourself set in a new situation so quick but I appreciate it nice." Harper said.

"So Harper some observations that I have made regarding the zombies behaviour."I said making myself serious in the work.

"Yeah start saying "Harper said.

"Firstly ,they get attracted to living beings and have a great smelling ability."I said.

Harper said "Yeah thats a old one continue saying the other."

"But their smelling ability could be interrupted by putting around some other distracting aromatic substances."I said.

"Ohh have you tried doing so ??"He questioned me back.

"Yes the last night only and they moved away."I said.

"That's what I was thinking !!! and it also would have prevented the infected animals too??"Harper asked.

"Yes both infected animals and humans as well ."I said him.

"Ok do you know why the infected animals attacked you when you were stuck in between the forest."Harper asked me.

"No I don't why ??"I asked him waiting for his answer anxiously.

"So if you have read father's research paper carefully it was written there that the virus evolves too fast to affect the rodent behaviour being more severe."He said me.

"Yes I know that but what's the link of it with this observation??."I asked trying to figure out the link but I couldn't find it.

"I don't mean to offend you but you are a weak observer ."He said sarcastically.

"Ok I am not offended but can you explain me the reason ."I asked him.

"Ok so have you dropped the substance you used as a aromatics to prevent the zombies in the house where you were living in or you brought them with you ??"He asked me.

"I have brought them with me for some emergency ."I replied.

"Ok,but what you know bringing it with you was a foolishness and you failed to put in some of your ideas being a scientist who should have keenly observed everything.And yes my fathers research paper if you will get yourself involved in it what I think is the composition of vaccine is also in it which I am not able to find so I was happy to get  a scientist although you belong to the company I hate the most ."He said me sardonically.

"ok if fine I admit I am not a great scientist I am not a keen observer but as you say composition of vaccine is in your fathers research paper then why Dr.Edward hadn't made the vaccine and if you are such a keen observer why you are not composing the vaccine ???"I got a bit angry because of his insulting way's of talks.

"If I could have then today I might have saved the people free from greediness and abstained from money mindedness.And yes I also have said that I think I am not sure"Harper said.

------------------------

(END OF CHAPTER -9)