HIS BIRTHDAY SURPRISE

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please ignore any grammatical and spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CAMERON WOODS(Woody)

Present Day

I look across the room at the sleeping form of Lee.

He always falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. It's a good thing the kid doesn't suffer from insomnia like I do.

Thank God, he didn't have a visit from a ghost today. He needs to sleep. The dark circles around his eyes are almost starting to swallow his eyes.

Lee started seeing ghosts after his accident. Maybe, it had something to do with the fact that he was in a coma for two years with no hope that he would ever wake up again. It was a miracle when he opened his eyes.

I don't even know what I would have done if he hadn't. But after a few days I knew something was wrong when he seemingly flinched even when there was no one around.

He begged me to take him home.

He deserves better. Better than I am able to provide for him but I am trying my best to give him a life which is as normal as it can get considering the fact that he can't even step out of the house without having a minor meltdown.

I exhale slowly as I finish sending the emails and start to tidy up his room after which I go downstairs and start preparing for his birthday.

CHARLEE WATERS

Past Day 

I try to keep quiet so that the bad man doesn't find me because if the bad man found me he will hurt me like last time.

I still remember how much it had hurt and how I couldn't even breathe without it hurting me for some time after it.

Momma said that I had to hide or else the bad man will hurt me again.

The bad man hurt her too the last time. I don't know where she is hiding and why couldn't we hide together.

I try to think about the beautiful butterflies that I saw in the book that mommy got me for my birthday. I try to picture the blue butterfly in my head, its pretty wings, which had so many different shades of blue. I wish mommy was here. I'm scared.

I try to stretch my legs in the small closet when I hear someone scream.

Was that mommy?

Did the bad man find her?

Is he hurting her?

Mommy, what do I do?

I hear another scream which makes me shiver more than I already was in fear.

What is happening?

Is mommy okay?

Heart pounding loudly in my chest I slowly open my closet door and climb out of it.

As quietly as I can, I creep outside my room trying to find mommy.

Mommy, please be ok.

Mommy, please be ok.

As I reach the hall I see that mommy is laying on the floor.

Why is mommy resting there?

Why is she not hiding from the bad man?