TRANCE

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Hopefully you have a good read. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness. Nothing more." - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

CHARLEE WATERS

Present Day    

I still don't know if I am dreaming or if this is really happening. I can't even recall how I reached the hospital. I just remember Mrs.Fudge telling me that Woody was shot. After that everything is a blur.

I am really trying not fall to my dark thoughts because I know I wouldn't be able to escape them easily.

But all I think about is my mother laying in her own pool of blood and how I was covered in it when they found me. How I tried to wake up my mother. I didn't even know that she was dead.

I thought she was just tired and wanted to rest for a bit. I never know what to do. I was helpless than and I am helpless now. I can't do anything but wait and when the wait is over then what?

They say he's in critical condition. I remember my mother telling me that before my father died he was also in a critical condition. I decide that I don't like the word critical.

I hate how it sounds so foreboding and I hate how helpless it makes me feel. We have been here for more than three hours. How I know that?

Because I been looking at my watch counting every second as it passes, praying that Woody's alright. Please let him be alright.

Please let him live. I would do anything. Just please let him live.

I would go to church regularly. I will try to help as many ghosts as possible. I wouldn't hide anymore. No, I will be out in the open so they could easily find me.

Please, just let him live.

I close my eyes as they fill up with tears again. Woody please don't leave me. What am I supposed to do if you leave me too?

Please be okay. Please. Please.

The voice of Woody calling me, telling me he loves, telling me not to worry because he's right there, telling me over and over again how proud he is of me.

Woody's hugs how reassuring they felt when he engulfed me in one like nothing could hurt me anymore.

Woody I want you to come hug me again.

Please Woody.

Please Woody hug me again.

Tell me you love me again.

Tell me that I don't have to worry about anything because you are with me.

Woody please be okay.

Please.

"Charlee."

"Charlee."

I open my eyes and look up at the brown haired guy who was maybe the person who got me to the ICU where Woody is and seated me on the seats outside the ICU area. I'm sure I know him but my brain is unable to process that right now.