AFTER WOODY

Author's note:This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Hopefully you have a good read. Thank you.

"You'll never be forgotten
That simply cannot be.
As long as I am living
I'll carry you with me.
Safely tucked within my heart
Your light will always shine;
A glowing ember never stilled;
Throughout the end of time.
No matter what the future brings,
Or what may lie ahead,
I know that you will walk with me
Along the path I tread.
So rest my angel, be at peace
And let your soul fly free.
One day I'll join your glorious flight
For all eternity"                           
                               (NEVER FORGOTTEN)
                                (Anonymous)
--------------------------------------------------------------

DAMEN STORM

Present Day

It can just be a gut feeling. But I remember the way he had said that so defeatedly. His eyes looking so dull. Does it even matter now, how he knew?

But that it had come true. Woods was no more. We weren't even supposed to be there. I mean we hardly know him and so far what he had told me was not really believable.

But we were here and he was still in my lap with his face borrowed in my suit jacket. He had stopped sobbing and fallen asleep I think. Thank God for that because his crying was really getting to me.

Yes, yes I am a heartless bastard with no sense of empathy.

"He's asleep?" Laurent asks as he comes back after talking to Lucian. I nod as I look at the face of my brother. Who seems to be somewhat lost in thought. Yeah, we definitely should not have come.

"Where's Lucian?" I ask running my hand on Waters back to soothe him as he starts to whimper.

"Just outside taking some calls." Laurent said looking at me while still stuck in his head. Just as I start to ask about how long were we going to stick around, the door of the waiting area opened and in walked Lucian with a guy in a black suit.

"Take him home." He said to the guy as he reached where we were sitting. "I have already notified the housekeeper. She'll take care of him from there." He continued as the guy gave a slight nod and turned to me.

"I'll take young master from here, sir." He said as he moved in front of me.

"And who is this?" Laurent asks standing up as the guy stops to look at Laurent.

"He's Charlee's driver, Jackson. He'll get him home." The guy gives a nod in affirmation.

I loosen my hold on Waters as his driver moves forward to pick him up. Waters whimpers and clutches my shirt as the driver tries to pull him away from me. I slowly extract his hands off me and am successful in loosening his hold.

As the driver stands up and moves back with Waters in his arms I fix my clothes and get up as well.

"Jackson, let me know when you reach home." Lucian said as the driver nods and starts to move towards the door with Waters in his arms.

"Well, we should get going as well." I said taking Laurent with me because I am sure my baby brother is about to have a mental breakdown if I don't get him out of here soon.