THE KINSLAYER

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

DAMEN STORM

Present Day

The lunch ended up being postponed as one of the investor was feeling a bit under the whether. Maybe, this is my punishment for refusing to have lunch with my brother. Going towards the elevators I notice Laurent standing there talking to someone.

"You are back early." I said as he turns around.

"So are you, everything went okay?" He inquired.

"Everything was as it should be, what about you? How was your lunch with Aunt Jenna?" I asked curious about how she was doing.

"Couldn't have lunch with Jenna as she was busy with Kelly's birthday but luckily I found someone to have lunch with." He turns to the person he was previously talking to " This is Matt Wayne, my friend from college and you know the one who found Aaron and William Falkner that night. It's all because of him that William is alright and well." He said as Matt starts to shake his head.

"It's not because of me, I was just the first police officer to reach the scene. The paramedics are the ones you should thank."

"Anyhow, we are grateful for your services." I said extending my hand towards him."Damen Storm, nice to meet you."

"Likewise." He replied shaking my hand.

"Damon, how about you have coffee with us? We were just going to have some in my office." Laurent asks smiling towards me. I am not going to be cursed again so, I reluctantly say yes. Phew, here's to me deflecting any curse that could have come my way. I am seriously starting to think that denying Laurent anything would just ensue my start of bad luck. Anyway as I couldn't have lunch with him, coffee is the least that I could do for him.

Getting on the elevator Laurent starts to tell his friend about how he single handedly saved the company from bankruptcy.

Yup, he loves to exaggerate.

For the most part atleast his friend seems like he knows about that habit of his. My phone starts ringing as the door opens and we step out the elevator walking towards Laurent's office.

"Storm." I bark into the phone.

"Sir, I have faxed you the updated report on the Richard Jonathan deal."

"Have they seen the new report on the deal?"

"Yes, sir and they said that are in agreement as long as the original plan is followed." He tells me I turn the corner and something barrels into me.

"The fuck?!." I exclaimed as I look at the boy who just knocked in me as he bounces off of me, falling on the floor with a thud.

"What was that?" Laurent asked as he and Matt round the corner, and see the boy lying on the floor. The sound of running footsteps is heard as William comes into view looking half out of his mind.

Laurent bends down to check on the boy who looks to be bleeding from the side of his head.

"What the hell happened to him?" Matt asks William who looks shocked to see us there.