3 PARTS SCARED 1 PART BRAVE

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CAMERON WOODS (WOODY)

Past Day      

My arms shake as I take my baby boy in my arms for the first time. I try to be as gentle as possible.

By God he looks so fragile and small and oh so perfect.

I watch him as he slowly opens his long lashes and sets his chocolate brown eyes at me as if he already knows who am I. He looks so much like his mother from his chocolate brown eyes to his cute button nose and pink pouty lips.

I look at Anna and see her watching me with a tired smile on her face as tears roll down her cheeks.

"He's perfect." I say choked up.

"Yes, he is." My wife seconds now smiling ear to ear.

"I love you so much." I tell her as I place our baby boy in her open arms and then move to hug them both by enclosing her and our baby boy in my arms.

"I love you more." Anna tells me as she turns her head and softly places a kiss on my lips.

"That is impossible." I say making her laugh and kissing her forehead I look down and see my baby boy smiling up at me.

I feel my breath catch as I look at his angelic smile.

Looking at that smile I vow to myself that I would protect that smile at any cost.

DAMEN STORM

Present Day     

How long does it takes for a person to realise that they are the embodiment of the word dumbass.

I mean, just how can you forget and I mean forget to book a room for a person who was crucial for the deal to work and I am not even talking about a minor deal but The deal.

If it hadn't been for Laurent and his wider than thou social circle, we would never have been able to secure the Presidential Suite at this short notice. Not to mention as it was already booked for some artist.

But thank the lord for Laurent and his social butterfly like habits. Not that I would ever tell him that as he is already as insufferable as he can get. What with being the baby of the family.

I think he even sometimes forgets that he's twenty five and no longer a baby. Hell, even sometimes I have problem remembering that he's old enough to take care of himself.

What with his antics and all.

There is a knock on my door which gets me out my train of thought as the person who I was just thinking about pops his face inside my office.

"Thinking of ways you can repay me for my amazing charms that just saved this company a big lose." He says walking inside my office with a big shit eating grin on his face.

Oh, God he's going to be even more insufferable.

"You sure are modest." I say evenly.

"Is that sarcasm I hear?" He questions taking a seat in front of my table.