NIGHTMARISH REALITY

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Hopefully you have a good read. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLEE WATERS

Present Day

"You are crazy." Stormy states after I am done telling him about everything. Atleast he is still holding my hand and finally I am done with the x-rays.

Surprisingly, I am lucky the bullet didn't do that much damage. Stormy's statement is not surprising though, whatever I don't need him to believe me, he just has to hold my hand until Woody's here.

"You don't have to believe me but it's the truth." I soberly tell him while looking in his eyes which is really hard for me as my method of navigating the world is by keeping my head down and making my body smaller so that I won't be noticed.

"You want me to believe that ghosts exist and you can see them but strangely enough when I am holding your hand....... you can't." Stormy summarises my whole story making it seem incredulous when he says it like that.

"Well, it's more like when you make any contact with me not just the hand holding but it's more convenient." I said ignoring his incredulous tone.

The deadly silence is broken by the vibration of his phone. Stormy starts to pull his hand out of mine.

"No, don't." I try to stop him but he just shrugs his hand out of mine, while glaring at me with his chilling ice blue eyes.

"Let go."

I am taken aback as I seem to have forgotten how scary he could get as he picks up his phone and moves away from me, making me feel mixed emotions.

I wish Woody would be here soon. I don't want to be here. I don't want to see Storm's face anymore. I feel tears stinging my eyes again.

Pulling my knees up to my chest, I rest my head on my knees and wound my arms around myself. Woody where are you? People are being mean. Please come quickly.

I distantly hear Storm getting off from his phone. I hear his footsteps moving towards my hospital bed.

"If that is all you have to say...." He waits for a beat as if waiting for me to contradict him. That's not happening. "I have to leave, I'm sure your dad will be here soon." Storm said and I hear his footsteps moving away.

I don't get my head up even when I hear the door open and feel him waiting for me to say something.

"Yes, he will be here soon." I said from my resting position not wanting to look at his frosty expression again.

Even when I hear the door close I can't make myself look up and just tighten my arms around myself borrowing my head even deeper.

It's seven o'clock now and Woody still isn't here I don't know what's happening. He is not answering his phone and I don't remember any of his office colleagues number. They were all on my phone.

I feel that something is very very wrong. I am getting a feeling of de javu.
I hope everything is okay and he's just stuck in traffic.

The doctor has cleared me for discharge and I had the nurse call a cab for me. Thank God, I still had my wallet and the nurse found a t-shirt for me to wear from the lost and found since mine was ruined.