EVERYTHING HURTS

Author's note: This book is told by the perspective of many people not just the main characters and it goes back and forth in time. So just lookout for headings like 'Past Day' or 'Present Day' and always read the dates as they go so that you don't get confused.

Please forgive the grammar and any spelling mistakes as this is my first time writing so, please be a little gentle. Hopefully you have a good read. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

DAMEN STORM

Past Day  

I hold Laurent in my arms as I watch my parents coffins being lowered in the ground. I curse at the unfairness of this world. They were supposed to be alive. They were supposed to be the ones to calm Laurent down when he had a bad dream or when he threw a tantrum. They were supposed to be there for me.

I feel someone's hands on my shoulders, I look up to see Aunt Jenna's tear streaked face.

"You guys are not alone, Damen. We are with you." I nod at her words and again turn to look at the coffins which now rest inside the dug up ground. But we were alone. We had been robbed of our parents just because of a drunk driver.

I curse him and his family to the seventh hell. I wish him dead. I wish that he would die of his wounds in the I.C.U. I wish the same fate upon his own child.

Aunt Jenna had told me that the drunk guy had a wife and a baby. I pray that the child remains deprived of all the unconditional love that his father had stolen from us.

Collecting some dirt in my hand, I press some in Laurent's who is still sobbing in my arms. My baby brother lifts his head slowly and looks at me with those sapphire blue eyes, so much like my own.

"It's time." I tell him as he continues to look at me with tears streaming down his face. Nodding slowly we move together to throw the dirt. After throwing the dirt inside, he again buries his head against my chest as another sob wrecks his small body.

I promise to get revenge for each and every tear, whimper, sob leaving my brother's small body. I swore tightening my arms around Laurent.

DAMEN STORM

Present Day  

Fuck. What a day. And worst part it's still five in the fucking evening. This is going to be a PR nightmare. Fuck Fuck Fuck. How did it even come to this? I have been taking and making calls for one and a half hour and I don't think that it is going to be stopping soon. It was already on the news and I had just send Laurent to clear up the misunderstandings that no, it was not an attempted murder involving me. And no, we cannot tell you all the facts as it is an on going investigation.

Of course Faulkner's family was another matter entirely. But I couldn't meet them just yet, not until the I had all the facts straight.

God, it must be a hellish nightmare for Matt as well I mean, he is the one who just shot and killed a guy. Granted he was just protecting his and our skins. As soon as his two other team members had arrived, he had taken off for the Headquarters with the bug and the weird looking video recorder.

I already had Ian going through all records under William's name to check for discrepancies and so far it looked bad which was just getting me even more pissed because the finance department should have been able to notice it unless someone from the finance department was also involved.

Fuck.

And on top of that we had a major security flaw if Waters can just wonder in the building with no one the wiser.