Chapter 13 - I-I-Uh, We're Just Friends!

A/N: This was written at midnight so it's not that good lol. K bye MUAH!
Sophie:

Holy crap. I just called Keefe Sencen cute. And I don't regret it.

"You guys ready to play truth or dare?"

"Yeah, let me grab my blanket," I say. Everyone copies me (no surprise because being a blanket burrito is epic) and we all lay in a circle.

"Soph, why don't you go first?" Marella asks. I shrug my shoulders and nod.

"Okay. Dex, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"If you had to kiss one girl in this room, who would it be?"

"That's not a dare!" Biana says.

"Well too bad."

"Really, Sophie?" Dex whines. He then looks nervously around the room and mumbles under his breath, "Biana."

"What? Louder?" I ask, cupping my hand to my ear.

"Biana, 'kay?!" he practically shouts. They both flush red, and I giggle.

"Awww, cute. Okay Dex, your turn."

The game goes by in a blur, with more dares than truths. I half pay attention until Biana asks me a question.

"Soph, truth or dare?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Truth," I say. It's been the safer option for the few times it's been picked. I immediately regret it, though, when Biana grins.

"What are your true thoughts on Keefe?" My mouth falls open, but just as I try to come up with an excuse, Linh's phone goes off.

"Time to take the face masks off!" she says. I sigh a breath of relief as I peel the mask off. No one else seems to have a problem, but when I look at Keefe, I see he's being a big baby. I laugh, and come over to him.

"Need some help?" I can barely contain my laughter.

"It hurts," he whines.

"You're just being a baby. Come on." I start to pull the mask off, and Keefe winces.

"Owww." He slaps his hand over mine, stopping me from taking the rest of it off.

"You can't leave it on forever. Let me rip it off. Like a band-aid."

"No." I ignore him, grabbing his hand off my own. I start to peel the mask off again, when he uses his other hand to stop mine. I roll my eyes, and grab that hand, but his left hand goes back up. I give him a look, and he rolls his eyes. His hand slowly drops to his lap, where I'm holding one of his hands. He encases our hands with his left. Tingles run up my arm, but I ignore them as I rip the rest of the mask off.

When I'm done, we still sit there, our hands laced together.

"Will you guys just get over yourselves and kiss already?" Marella calls over to us. We scramble apart, and flush red.

"That reminds me, Soph, you have a truth to answer. How d'ya really feel about Keefe?"

"I-I-uh," I stutter, "We're just friends!" I blurt out. Biana raises her eyebrows, but ignores it. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see a hurt expression on Keefe's face, but he masks it.

After my question, the game burns out quickly. We all seem to loose interest. I rub my eyes and try to disguise a yawn. I check the time on my phone, and see that it's 12:37.

"Do you guys wanna watch another movie?" Fitz asks.

"Harry Potter?" I ask.

"Which one?" Keefe asks with a smile on his face.

"First?"

"We're going from five to one?" Linh asks.

"If that's cool with you guys." No one seems to care, so Fitz sets up the movie.

Instead of girls on one couch and boys on the other, we mix. Dex, Biana, and Linh sit on one couch; Marella, Keefe, and I are on the other. When Fitz finishes setting the movie up, he sits on the couch between Biana and Linh.

I wrap myself in my blanket, tucking my knees to my chest, feeling comfortable as the theme music starts. I can feel Keefe pressed to my side as Marella hugs the other end of the couch.

I lied when Biana asked how I felt about Keefe. I don't just feel for him as I would a friend. 
I'm really starting to like him.