Chapter 18 - Me And My Soulmate

Sophie:

"What happened?" Marella asks when I get back to my seat. 

"It's none of your business," I respond. Marella rolls her eyes.

"You know you're gonna tell me later, right?" she whispers in my ear. I laugh a little.

Even though I love all my girls, there's something about Marella that's just different. Maybe it's the way she's so strong in what she believes. Maybe it's just her. Either way, I feel a little closer to her then anyone else. Which is why I lean towards her and whisper, "I know."

She smirks, obviously satisfied, as we turn back to the rest of the group. Keefe winks at me from across the table when we make eye contact, and I feel my cheeks tinge pink.

"So, Sophie, anything you want to tell us?" Biana asks, clearing her throat. My head whips towards her.

"Nope," I say. I hesitated too long. Biana knows something happened. She shakes her head at me.

"When are you going to learn you can't lie to me? Spill." I bite my lower lip, thinking of what I can say, when Keefe saves me.

"Biana, she doesn't have to tell you everything, you know? And I'm sure when Foster's ready she'll share. But for now, that's her secret to keep." I've never been more grateful for Keefe in my life. I tell him thank you  with my eyes, and he just nods slightly.

Biana pouts at Keefe's words, but doesn't push it. 
A few minutes later, we're all leaving the shop.

Linh and Marella get in Linh's car; Linh's taking her home. Biana joins Fitz and Dex in his car.
I'm not going with anyone, because my house is a few minutes walk. Linh pulls out after we say our goodbyes, and I notice that Keefe doesn't join Fitz in his car. Not that it matters. Fitz left shortly after Linh.

"Don't you need a ride home?" I ask. We move out of the parking lot, and sit down at one of the tables in front of the donut shop.

"I'm not really interested in going home right now." Keefe doesn't look at me when he says that. I tilt my head in confusion, but then it hits me.

"Are things still..."

"Yeah." I nod lightly, biting my bottom lip.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

We sit in awkward silence before I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out. I have a couple of text notifications.

Sparkle Queen

Sparkle Queen
u left all ur stuff at my house!! :((

ME
oh shoot i totally did...
oops

Sparkle Queen
do u want me to come bring it to u?

ME
come later today?

Sparkle Queen
i just asked fitz to drive me over later
i'll be there at like 3 ish

ME
sounds good!

I check the other notification and see it's from Edaline, my adoptive Mom.

Mom

Mom
When are you coming home? 

ME

i'm not sure yet. i'm at Atlantia Bakes with Keefe right now

Mom
Keefe??

ME
it's a long story. i'll tell it later.
bye, love you!

Mom
Sophie!

I put my phone in my pocket and look up to see Keefe smirking at me.

"What's that face about?" I ask. He shakes his head, smile fading.

"Nothing. I should... probably go home."

"How are you getting there?" I ask. Keefe shrugs.

"I'll call an Uber or something."

"Well if you're not relying on anyone to take you places, do you want to hang out?" Keefe's head snaps up, and his ice blue eyes shine.

"Really?" he asks, almost in disbelief.

"Sure. My Mom doesn't need me home anytime soon, and I've got nothing better to do." Keefe nods.

"Thanks, Foster." I feel my cheeks go red at the nickname. I haven't heard it in so long --  and been okay with it. It's kind of nice.

"Anytime. What do you want to do?" I ask, standing from the table.

"We could go down to the beach?"

"Sure!"

So, Keefe pushes in his chair, and follows me down to the beach.
Me and my Soulmate.
Who I've hated for almost four years.
And now I'm really starting to like.

A/N: AND JUST LIKE THAT THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER OF FATE!! 

hey guys! i'm back! it hasn't been too long, and these won't be very often, but as of now, Fate is back on!! also, Atlantia Bakes, is loosely based on the Goods in Carlsbad if you guys know what that is! sorry idk i just thought i should share that lol

ALSO ALSO ALSO my vague idea for the rest of this story is kinda sorta really influenced by one of my commenters, who i dedicated this chapter to.
if you know what her comment was... i apologize in advance

love you guys x