Chapter 16 - "I Just Had To Get That Off My Chest."

A/N: hi guys!! i feel like my writing did a 180 and changed completely in this chapter, but thats okay i guess. it's still an update! woop woop. also ive really been vibing to 1D and harry styles and louis tomlinson lately, so if anyone is down to fangirl over that with me my dm's do be open
alrighty thats enough of that go read!! MUAH

Sophie:

Once everyone's dressed and ready, we head out. All the girls pile into Linh's car, and the boys in Fitz's; I get to sit in the front this time!

Once the car is in motion, and there's no way for me to escape, Biana asks the question I've been hoping she wouldn't bring up.

"So, what happened with you and Keefe last night?" I groan.

"Do we have to talk about this?"

"Oh, absolutely," Linh says from beside me. I groan again, and bury my face in my hands.

"Spill the tea. Spill the tea," Marella starts chanting, and pretty soon all the girls join in. 

"Ugh, fine! Long story short I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and realized I had feelings and because I was delusional and exhausted I told him."

"But how do you just realize you have feelings for someone you hated like two days ago?" Linh makes a fair point, and I honestly don't know how to respond.

"It's just like, this gut feeling I have, you know? And we're soulmates. So, I guess that has something to do with it."

"Whatever you say, Soph," Marella says, sounding less than convinced.

Thankfully Linh turns on the radio so I don't have to deal with any more talk of Keefe. 

When we get to the donut shop, which is called Atlantia Bakes(even though all they sell is donuts), the boys are already there.

"How does that happen? We leave before them and they get here first." Linh throws her arms up in defeat as she gets out of the car.

"It's because we have superpowers," Keefe says, sneaking up behind me. His arm wraps around my waist and I tense. Yes we're on good terms, but it's weird going from 0-100 so fast. 

"Yeah right." Biana shakes her head, her eyes never leaving Keefe's arm around me. Eventually I have to pull away as we walk towards the store.

When we go inside, there's no one there, which is kind of surprising. We all order and get paid for, and sit at the tables. They're set up so only two people can fit to a table, so we smush four of them together. Biana and Dex sit across from each other at one, Marella and Linh at another, Me and Keefe at the third, and Fitz sits next to me at the fourth table.

The donuts are eaten in silence, but the second Marella finishes hers, she starts talking about random nonsense. It's weird to be sitting there, engaging in conversation, but my mind is really elsewhere.

It's on Keefe.

Earlier I said that 0-100 that fast was weird, but maybe it's what I need. Something to pull me out of the past and into the future. Something to help me forget old memories, and make new ones. A plan forms in my head as I finish off the last of my donut. It's crazy, and I know that. I know what I'm thinking is insane and totally unpredictable. So maybe that's why I need to do it.

I sip my water as I debate with myself. I've done this before; I can do it again. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I want to do this. Want to get my feet firmly in the now, and not be stuck scarred by the past.

So, before I can chicken out, I lean across the table and whisper to Keefe, "Can we go outside? I need to talk to you about something." Keefe looks at me weird, but nods. I ask Fitz to move out of the way, and he does.

I take Keefe down a little alleyway between the donut shop and the thrift store next to it. He leans against the wall, ease in his posture, although there's concern in his eyes.

"What's up, Foster?" he asks, and my chest tightens. I bite my lower lip, debating what I can say. Finally, my brain settles on something.

"You know how I seemed uncomfortable when you grabbed my waist earlier?" His eyes widen just a little bit.

"Did I push a boundary? I'm so so sorry, Sophie."

"No, it's not that, actually. I just, realized that, maybe going that fast is better for me. If we go quicker, maybe I can get my head out of the hurt from the past, and into the future. A future with you." His eyes light up when I say that.

"So what're you saying?"

"I'm not saying anything. I'm doing." I don't let him say anything else. Instead, I close the distance between us, and kiss him. It lasts barely a second, but it's a glorious second. I pull away to clear my head, and force words out of my mouth.

"I just had to get that off my chest."