Epilogue Part One

Ten Years Later:
"Sophie, you look gorgeous." Marella spins me around to face her, looking me up and down.

"Thanks. Can I tell you something, Marella?"

"Anything."

"I'm terrified."

"Why?"

"Because this is a day girls dream of, but I can't stop thinking something's gonna go wrong."

"Has anything gone wrong in the last ten years?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then nothing's gonna happen! Now look at yourself, that strong woman, and take a breath. You can do this." I take her advice, and turn around, inhaling deeply. I glance at my reflection in the mirror.

Ten years ago I would've gagged at the thought of standing in a wedding dress, but here I am. The dress is simple, plain white, no lace or anything. The sleeves are off the shoulder, and the skirt flares out in an A-Line, stopping just under my knees. A golden colored belt sits on my hips, matching the small gold hoops that hang off my ears. My shoes are low silver heels, and I know their coming off at some point in the night.
My hair's also very simple. Half of it is down and curled, and the other half is braided into a small crown. Tiny daisies dot through the braid, weaving in and out of my blonde hair. My face is practically bare of makeup, with only mascara, blush, and a hint of lip gloss.

I exhale the breath,  and turn back around to face Marella, who's holding my bouquet in her hands. She gives it to me with a smile. I reach for her hand, giving it a quick squeeze.

"Knock 'em dead, Soph." A knock at the door makes me jump lightly, and when Marella goes to open it, it's Linh standing at the door.

They both wear pale pink dresses, the color of all my bridesmaids, but they're all different. I wanted all of them to express themselves in their dresses, which is why I requested they all pick their own dresses, as long as they were all the same shade of dusty pink.

Linh's dress is a spaghetti strap, and long. Her tulle skirt reaches to the middle of her shins, and her heels are the same style as mine but gold in color. Marella's dress on the other hand is much shorter, shorter than mine, and it comes to a stop above her knees. There's no straps on her dress, and she makes even the girly pink dress and heels look kind of intimidating.

"Sophie, Marella and I have to go. Grady should be here in a sec," Linh tells me after she presses a kiss to Marella's cheek.

Yeah. That's one of the things none of us expected. When Keefe and I first started dating, Marella and Linh hadn't met their soulmates yet. But then Marella told me she liked Linh. And Linh told me she liked Marella. Neither of them did anything, because they knew they weren't soulmates. Well, until Christmas day, when both of their words changed. And those words were the first words they said to each other that day.
None of us new words could change. Keefe even told me at one point in life it was impossible.
Apparently not.

Marella leaves with Linh, and takes all calm I had with her. My heart pounds nervously until another knock at the door sends me flying to my feet. I open it to my Dad standing there, tears shining in his light blue eyes.

"My little girl is growing up too fast," he says, kissing my forehead.

"Dad, now is not a time for sappiness."

"Now is exactly the right time for sappiness. Now, come on, we don't want to keep that boy waiting."

"Dad," I warn.

"Yes, I know, Keefe." Dad still is a little wary of Keefe, but over protectiveness mixed with a once broken heart isn't exactly a good combination.

"I love you," I say, taking his hand lightly. He gives it a squeeze, blinking the tears out of his eyes.

"I love you too. Now, come on." Grady pulls me along gently out of the room and outside.

Keefe and I both wanted to have a wedding on the beach. It's where we technically had our first date as soulmates. Even then, it just felt right.

The guests all stand when they see me, and Keefe's jaw drops. I take one last look at my Father before I take a deep breath and step into the rest of my life.