1. Headlights

Disclaimer: Marvel owns the Avengers and Rick owns Percy Jackson. I own this story.

                                                            ● ● ●

         "Chiron"

The centaur turned his back to where he was aiming his arrow and faced the tall proud sea god, Posiedon.

Chiron bowed automatically "Lord Posiedon" he greeted.

"Greetings, have you seen my grandson?" he inquired.

Chiron sighed sadly "He is most likely by Thalia's tree, he goes there to be alone with his thoughts" he answerd. His head turned to the direction of Camp borders.

The sea god followed his action "How is he fairing with the news?"

"Not bad, but not quite good either"

Posiedon gazed past the campers walking by to watch the tall pincecone tree by the borders. He didn't take the news too well either, but his legacy must be taking it far worse. Now that his favorite child had gone to his brother's realm, he had only his grandchild left.

"I shall be taking him to his new boarding school by the end of the summer" Chiron mutterd.

"I will cover the expenses, his mother would have wanted him to have a good education" said Posiedon.

"Indeed"

● ● ●

              The satyr gulped a lump that sat in his throat as he stared through the distance at his best friend sitting by Thalia's tree alone and hugging his legs. He didn't like seeing Percy like this. The first time it happened was bad but this was even worse.

"Annabeth, he looks like he needs more time alone" he said very much worried they would provoke their friend rather than help him.

"That's the thing Grover" Annabeth hissed. She was crouching down next to him, her Yankees cap clipped to her belt  "He's been alone way too long, he needs someone to be there for him"

She had watched Percy leave his cabin. Hair messier than usual, skin pale, and eyes a shade darker from his usual vibrant sea green orbs. She knew he was having a hard time since his mother's death, that's why she dragged Grover here to help her in getting their friend to talk to them.

He had seemed isolated all summer. His succeeded quest made him famous throughout camp but he barely even acknowledged it as he was too busy wallowing in mourning for his desceased parent.

Grover made an indigant bleat. He was still unsure how they were going to do this.

Pushing him forward, Annabeth streered him by the shoulders towards the depressed boy who sat silently by Thalia's tree.

"P-Percy?" Grover stammerd as he shifted in his feet akwardly.

The green eyed boy turned his head around to see his two bestfriends standing behind him. He didn't try for a smile but just gave a small "Hey Grover, hey Annabeth"

Grover finaly conjured some more courage and took a seat next to his friend "How are you?"

Annabeth listend intently as Percy spoke.

"I don't know" he said shrugging his shoulders "Okay" he lied.

"No Percy, you're not" the daughter of Athena disagreed "You've been sulking in depression all summer long, it wasn't your fault"

This time Percy spoke louder, and harsher "Not my fault! That's what everyone keeps saying to me! Well it was my fault! I should have never have left her alone when those things attacked New York and now she's gone! Not kidnapped this time, gone forever..."