Chapter 16. ♠️

Emmanuella POV

Emmanuella POV

Its been one long week and I have to say I can't wait for it to be over. From assignments, to surprise pop quiz and now Victoria was calling for a challenge. If the challenge is about something very crucial and important,  I probably would have accepted but No,  the challenge was about who gets the spot of captain of the basketball team. I for one wouldn't accept it and just because Kelvin  had agreed to help me get better doesn't mean I am better already. So far I only got five basketball out of the supposed fifteen I was to make Sunday afternoon when we were training.

The sky way humid gray  this  Friday afternoon because it just finish pouring heavy this morning,  and for one I was glad our uniforms comes with a blazer for cold weathers like this. It was lunch break again to say I was starving was an understatement because all I had for breakfast was fruit salad. My mom prepared it for me last night but I couldn't take it because I was too exhausted from reading on how to be a pro at basketball.

"Oh. Emm. Gee!!!! look Emma the school is gracing us with my favorite food! Potato porridge!!!! "

Lydia said with a ear deafening shriek,  I growled at her and this caused her to immediately shut up as we went to line up for our food. Once we got it Lydia and I went to join the rest of the gang at out usual table. Once we were properly sited we began to dig in and i almost moaned as each spoon full of potato porridge hit my taste buds.

It was then i came to a conclusion that,  if people were as  romantic then food must be Aromantic. We ate our food in silence as we each didn't want to be disturbed while we all savour our meal,  it was one way to enjoy the raining seasons as we each took our favorite soft drinks to wash it down. After we quietly finished our meal Lydia was the first to break the comfortable silence as she said.

"Was that a meal or what? God I love potato porridge, actually porridge of any kind but potato porridge is the best. Right guys? "

"Hmmmhmmm you're right sis "

"Ohyeyeah"

Replied Mercy and Faruq, Lydia smiked before looking at kelvin to ask

"So Greek god,  how's you and Emma's basketball practice coming in? "

"Umm umm okay I guess, she is still a little rusty thought . "

"Its fine, just make sure you whip her into shape for this coming tournament. Its gonna be bigggggg"

"I don't know guys, maybe forcing this isn't such a good idea. Maybe i wasn't born to play basketball you know.. "

I responded after exchanging eyes contact with kelvin's but everyone at the table stared at me shocked at my response,  even I was shocked at my own response. Mercy responded to my statement saying.

"Okay Missy,  who are you and what did you do with our Emmanuella?  because the one we know doesn't give up easy."

"And neither does she accept defeat "