Chapter 33. ♠

3:45 pm 17 of November 2020

Kelvin's POV

I was my brothers number one fan and and he was mine. He's had my back ever since I was was born never letting me out of his sight, that's why it kind of crushed me when his recovery was slow. But not any more; Denis has fully recovered and he was coming home tonight. I smiled as I sang along to our favorite song, "Put it all on me" by Ed Sheeren. We are both huge fans of his work and sometime all I just need to do  was listen to his songs and I would  immediately get inspirited to sketch a designer gown or outfit.

I was currently in Denis room looking through his things so I could pack him the appropriate  clothes he could wear when he gets discharged. After a while of looking through his thing, I settled for a white briefs and singlet, a washed up jeans and a blue Nike shirt that says just do it. I took a simple slide to complete the outfit and folded it in a nap sack. After shutting down the whole electrical appliances, I began to wonder how I will get to the hospital in time without getting stuck in traffic.

I grunted and called my mom who wasn't too far away. She went shopping for groceries so she would whip something up for Denis return. After all, he'd spent a good number of days in the hospital. He deserves a healthy meal. Once she picked me up, we both drove to the hospital and when I asked about Dad, she said he was already there.

Once we got to the hospital  I was supper happy; I couldn't wait to see my big brother again. Hope the nurses treated him nicely. Now that I think about it, I though it was all thanks to Addie, Emmanuella's older sister. I still don't know how to thank her for taking out time from here busy schedule to visit my brother. Immediately we both entered the hospital; me holding the knapsack, I was beyond shocked as we both heard romantic music coming from the long hall.

"Okay, what's going on?" I thought. Even the reception was empty. This was very unusual for a busy hospital like ST Nicolas hospital. Something is definitely fishy; my mom and I both walked to the receptionist and my mom too charge asking the questions.

"Hello good afternoon, I am Denis's mother Mrs Adeleke. I was told my son is due to be discharged today. Are the documents for his discharge signed? "

"Ur yes, his father already did that earlier today. But umm, I'm not sure... Its just, you can't go in... At least not right now "

"And why if I may ask, are you preventing me from seeing my son "

"No ma'am I shouldn't have said that ... Umm pls come with me."

With that she led us to my brother's room even though we already knew the way. I guess it was her way of showing remorse for declining our access to my brother's hospital room.
Getting closer we were hearing the love song now loud and clear and it was from my brother's room. A small crowd gathered awning and squealing and from the love song,  it was pretty obviously what was going on. We both received  the shock of a life time because I never pictured it to happen this way. Well... I did picture it happening but, not in this kind of setting but i saw it coming.