Chapter 18. ♠️

Image of Ebuka in the media 🖕🖕

Emmanuella POV

Its been 3 days of me feeling depressed.
Its been 3 days since I last touched a basketball. 
Its been 3 days since we started writing our second CA test.
Its been 3 days since I last saw Kelvin's beautiful face.

Its been 3 whole days and it felt like 3 whole years!!

And for once my hair was a mess, i haven't been thinking straight and I definitely Haven't been eating right.

Right now i am sited 6 inches away from Mercy as we were all sitting for our last test for the day which was further maths. It was 10 questions all together and i was to answer 5 questions 2 out of those 5 was compulsory.  The time limit was 1 hour 30min and soo far I've spent 30 mints staring endlessly at the cloud wondering if Kelvin  was okay.

I haven't been able to visit him since he was wheeled into the hospital, not because I didn't want to but because I was terrified of what lies within the hospital, of what I would meet once i stepped in. I was chewing my Biro not because I didn't know the answers to the any of the question on my question papers,  but because i was scared.  I was agitated and worried fearing the worst might have happened to Kelvin  since we haven't heard any news from the hospital that admitted him.

The minute the incident happened i called my parents to let them and his parents know what happened. Immediately they all rushed to the hospital to go and check on him I was too scared to go, too terrified that I might make matters worse by appearing there, so I stayed home and tried so hard to study for the second C.A tests that was coming up.

In this three days I had cried myself to sleep , eating more ice cream than proper food and terrible nightmares of losing Kelvin haunted my dreams. it was horrible because I couldn't concentrate on studying for the test, all I kept worrying about was Kelvin.

Is he all right?
is he awake ?
has he eaten?
is he still in the hospital bed?
is he in the intensive care?
what is he doing right now?
can he speak?
Is there any serious damage?

My mind was running wild with thoughts throughout the three days I hadn't gone to see him, and it was still running wild with thoughts because I've still not written a thing down and I'm already 35 minutes behind. I couldn't help but ignore the tiny person whispering in my ears to focus on my test.

It Just seems too hard. Why did I have too be soo keen on making that basket.?
Why didn't I catch him before he hit his head?
Heck why did i have to be soo adamant in testing my skills by going head to head with him.?

I didn't know I was cry until a stray tear fell from my checks to my answer sheet, then another and another and before I knew it was sobbing uncontrollably. My body was shaking vigorously socking my enter answer shit while the tears we're flowing freely from my eyes as the test was still going on.

"40 mins more!!! Check and recheck your answer, making sure you are using the right formula for the right question. "

Mrs Folasade Adefisayo our further maths teacher said as as she was going round to invigilating the class. I quickly  wiped off my tears that were now drying up on my checks. I raised up my hands to seek her attention.

"Whow that was fast, Emmanuella has finished as usually sticking to her record --"

"Umm no, I need extra sheet. I got this one soaked in tears "

I said and every where was dead quiet,  so quiet that if a pin should drop you could hear it loud and clear. I didn't know what to do as I had finally Calmed my self ready to write the test so I said.

"Can i still have an extra sheet? "

"Umm... Okay... Sure urr take your time while answering each questions. Further math isn't about who finished first but how you finish. "

She said reassuring me Before giving me two exactly sheet just In case I soak any of them in tears again. I was just about to start writing my answer to the questions I chose, ummm hbut I noticed and felt some of my classmates eyes on me. I didn't know when I snapped at them saying

"Hey! Whats the matter with you, haven't seen a girl cry before!?!"

"Calm down Emma, let's not say thing we might regret later "

Mrs Folasade Adefisayo said and every one went  back to writing their test. Since I had wasted a good Number of my time crying and feeling sorry for Kelvin  I had just 30 minutes left and I used it wisely making sure to answer the compulsory questions first.

At the end of the day I was able to answer 3 out of the 5 i intended to answer. By the time the test was over I bolted to the ladies restroom to go and cry my eyes out feeling helpless, guilty and alone. It wasn't until Mercy and Lydia came to use the restroom that they found me passed out on the floor in the restroom. Good thing the restroom floor wasn't soo messed up that day.
______________________________________

Hmmm I've never really pasted out before soo I don't know how it works but I hope I was able to create a scene that lead to it

Any way I am hoping She aces this test because she couldn't concentrate on reading for it properly for she was too worried about Kelvin

Pls pls and pls let's endeavour to

🗳 vote 🗳

💬Comment 💬

💫 Share 💫

Thank you 🤗🤗