Chapter 21. ♠️

Emmanuella POV

Emmanuella POV

The rainy season was slowly coming to an end and to be honest, I couldn't be any happier because I had been freezing all week. I had always had a pocket umbrella and a hoodie just in case I was outside and the rain decided to show no mercy.

I and Kevin were in my room this beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were literally talking about everything and anything, and I am just glad he is finally out of the hospital I had accidentally put him in.

"How's your head Kelvin?"

"It's fine Ella, you've asked me that 1218 times in the past 48 hours. I'm fine babe"

"Hmmm I know, I just want to be sure.. "

"It's okay babe, its been over 3 days since I was discharged. I am sure there is absolutely nothing to worry about"

"Hmmm, okay if you say so. Hey, have you taken your medication for this afternoon?"

"Yeap"

I smiled at him and he snuggled close to me enjoying the warmth that was radiating off me. Even though the rainy season was slowly coming to an end, it was still terribly cold. Kelvin had literally crawled into my room through the window seeking for my hugs and cuddles to warm him up, due to the rain that fell heavily this morning.

Ever since Kelvin was discharged few days ago I've been his personal caretaker, always looking after him and looking out for him, making sure he doesn't slip and fall again. I'd be heart broken all over again if he sustained an injury on my watch.

"Ella"

"Hmmm"

"Penny for your thoughts "

"I was just wondering, was I the only one who didn't visit while you were still in the hospital."

"Well sort of, the doctor told me the guys(Lydia, Faruq, Ebuka, Chigoze, Mercy) came visiting before you did, saying you were too scared to come at the time. "

"Yea I was. I couldn't bear the thought of seeing you in a hospital bed. "

"Yea I figured "

"Sooooo"

"Soo?? "

"Now that your memory is back, you think you can tell me what you wanted to share with me 4 years ago"

"Oh that.. I remember alright, but now is not the best time to share it. "

"Why not? Don't you dare tell me I waited 4 years for nothing!"

"No, you didn't Ella, in fact, I'm just waiting for the right moment and time to tell you. Don't worry I promise I will tell you. "

"Promise?!"

"Double pinky swear promise! "

"Okay"

"Awwwn, don't give me that look, c'mon. I know what will Cheer you up. Meet me at your backyard in 5"

With that he went out through my window and entered his room through his window. Without wasting any more time I wore something more comfortable and headed downstairs.

On getting downstairs I met my mom and sisters watching a Yoruba movie, while my dad was in the kitchen preparing something to eat since he didn't come down to eat with us.

He hasn't been eating with us for a while and he is hardly ever at home. He's been blaming it on work since he is the personal advisor to the chairman in charge of travel and tourism in Lagos state.

I've been really worried about him, I just don't want to lose my father like this, not over some cheap wanna be house wife who made my dad cheat on my mom. I'll get to the bottom of this, my dad is not a cheater and there must be some sort of huge misunderstanding.

But right now I have bigger fish to fry, like why does kelvin wants me downstairs at our backyard. He had better not be doing what I think he wants to do.

I got to the backyard where our mini basketball court was, standing for exactly 5 minutes, only for me to find Kelvin playing basketball. I glared at him as I marched forward to where he was and I said.

"Ademoyiola Kelvin Adeleke!! I demand you put the ball down this instant!!! "

"Okay mum your words."

"Urgh! I am not your mother and I'm only trying to look out for you. You just got out of the hospital three days ago and now you want to play basketball. The same thing that got you into the hospital in the first place. Not on my watch"

"Okay, okay calm down, no need to bite my head off. Besides I'm not going to be playing the basketball, you are. I'm just going to be coaching you."

"Very well then, give it"

I demanded and he tossed the ball to me which I caught with ease and I start practicing my basketball skills. Its not like I haven't been practicing or any thing, its just that his safety was my priority and it still is and that is why I made sure his hands doesn't touch the ball at all.

"Oh c'mon Ella pass me the ball, there are still a few moves I need show you."

"NNNNNO. "

"Stop being childish. I am fine "

"Nope I am not giving you. What ever it is you want to show me....Lydia can show it to me. "

"Oh really! How smart, how would she when she doesn't even know what I want to show you. "

"Well you could explain it to he, then she could show me afterwards. "

"Hmmmm urghhhhhhhh you are killing me Ella. I haven't had my hand on a basketball for over a week and you are telling me I still can't because you think I'm not well enough to!!"

"Exactllllyy"

I said smiling wistfully at him and he groaned out loud. He sat at the central on the court looking defeated and dejected while I just continued practicing my basketball skills which I was getting terrific at if I do say so myself. Once we were done practicing well, more like I was done with my practice we decide to call it a day and I saw him off to is house which was next door.

_____________________________________

hi ya sorry I made this chapter super short, there really isn't much to talk about but anyho I hope you know that their school's big sport competition is coming up real soon. That is why Kelvin insisted that Emmanuella should practice her basketball skills

Pls pls and pls let's endeavour to

🗳 vote 🗳

💬Comment 💬

💫 Share 💫

Thank you 🤗🤗