6. Conflict

5.10.20

Antony's POV

I saw him begin walking away. "Please, Jacky. Please don't do this," I begged.

"It's for your own good."

"How is this good? You're tearing me apart!"

"Preventive measures."

He continued walking through my desperate pleas, and once he was out of the clearing, I fell onto the dirt. My heart was shattered, and my body was so weak that I could hardly see. From what I could see, the world was covered in black dots and a little bit of green in between them. It was freezing outside because of the month, but I could barely feel it around my numb skin and slamming headache.

"Papa?" a voice called from somewhere above me, but my mouth was too dry to reply. Suddenly, I was rolling over on the grass until I was facing a concerned, unidentifiable human. "Papa!"

The darkness was calling me closer to it, and I allowed myself to sink down into my own sadness. Just as the world went dark, I heard a loud growling sound above me.

Ally's POV

I laid on the bed while staring at the plain white ceiling in my bedroom. My body had been aching ever sense Vic left, but I still couldn't find it in myself to give into my body's desire. His actions may have been forgivable if we had been dating for more than a week, but I would never know. It just hurts me way to much to think about the memories I have of him; there is only one good one.

Suddenly, I felt tears begin rolling down my face, and I rolled over to put it into pillow to muffle my pitiful cries. I don't exactly want Alex to hear me just so that he can come in here to take pity on me; I'm old enough to bear my own consequences!

There was a quiet knock on my bedroom door, and I chose to ignore the sound the first 4 times until it got too loud for me to simply not listen to. "Just come in," I snapped loudly before pushing my face back into the plushy pillows. I had a littler blanket tucked tightly up against my chest to try and quell my loneliness, but nothing could compare to Vic's presence. I just wish that he was here for me to hug instead, you know?

Just when I had thought that whoever was at the door had left, I felt strong arms wrap around my chest. My body and will was weak enough that when I felt the familiar sparks, I snuggled much closer into Vic's chest. We stayed cuddled like that for a few minutes more before I heard a quiet, "God, I'm so sorry, Ally... I should have never done anything close to what I did, and I sure as hell don't deserve someone as good as you."

I rolled around so that I was facing the fabric of his shirt and breathed, "You're right, you don't deserve me, and I have every single right to hate your guts."

"Ally..."

"However, I just can't stay away from you. It's physically painful."

"I know what you mean."

"At the same time, it's just as painful to be constantly ignored by the one person I should be able to trust the most on this planet. It was dark and cold... Like a lightless tunnel, almost. I couldn't see where I was going or how to get myself free from the pain; I could just tell that it was wrong. I'm not supposed to be hurt around you, and I know you were just busy. It just hurt so much."

"Just because I had other things to do didn't give me the right to ignore you, baby. I deserved everything that happened to me, and I don't expect you to forgive me right away."

When I shifted my gaze upwards to his sorry face, the first thing that I noticed was the bold scratch my brother had put across his eye. I ran a hesitant hand over the red marks with a small frown across my lips. "Does it hurt?"

"A little bit, but it's nothing I can't handle. At least my actual eye isn't damaged." Just the way he smiled as he said the optimistic words made me fall harder for him. It was the small things like the way his hands clutched my waist gently and the way he could smile when our situation was anything but good that made me want to take the role as his mate. I just want him to be happy.

"I'm so sorry that I let him do that to you."

"I deserved it."

"Don't you ever say anything like that around me. No matter what you've done, you don't deserve to be in pain for me."

I knotted my fingers into his shirt in a desperate search for comfort, and just when I was about to push my nose into his neck, my bedroom door flew open with a crash loud enough to wake up someone from China. "You motherfucker!" Alex shouted. "You took advantage of me being gone to get in here and bother him, didn't you!"

Suddenly, Vic's body was torn away from mine, and I heard the sickening thud of him hitting the hardwood flooring. I screamed at the conflict, but Alex didn't seem to care when he bit into Vic's shoulder. His groan of pain was enough to send me into action, and I jumped off of the bed onto my brother to pry him off of Vic.

"Alex!" I screeched, but he didn't seem to care in his witch hunt for Vic. When he turned to me angrily, I saw that his eyes had turned a shade of red, and I began slowly backing up into a corner. "You aren't thinking straight, calm down."

Alex leapt at me with a loud growl, and I felt his teeth latch onto my wrist which had previously been defending my face. I attempted to get him to snap out of the angry phase he was in, but nothing was working. The world was beginning to get pretty soft around the edges when I heard someone burst into the room.

"Alex, sweet heart, let him go," Ash commanded. "You're going to hate yourself when you snap out of this and we both know it."

What I had left of my blood was roaring in my ears, and I shifted my gaze onto Vic who was staring at the situation in total shock. I was hardly able to hear Ash continuing to talk Alex out of his bloodlust because of how much the world was spinning.

Vic rushed forward to keep me awake, yet the darkness was calling me into it... So warm and cozy.

"Ally I need you to stay with me!" Vic's voice called, but it was falling upon deaf ears. "Do something!"

"I'm trying! He isn't responding!"

"Yeah, well neither is Ally!"

I felt my body begin to relax unnaturally as the world began to slowly dim out of sight. Just when I was about to slip into the darkness, the pressure on my wrist was released, and I heard someone shout my name.