42. Green Lights

6.01.20

Ally's POV

When I heard the door creak, I slipped just a little bit out of the current sleep I was in. What can I say? I'm an extremely light sleeper. I assumed it was just Vic returning at first, but my thought changed when the person wordlessly got into my bed. I soon realized that it was just my brother by his scent, and I figured that he needed company. It's been awhile since he had to sleep in a bed alone, so I just let it happen.

However, when the door clicked a second time, my neck hairs stood up. There's a dangerous feeling in the air. "Ohhh, Allystar." Okay, I know Marc hates me and all for embarrassing his soulmate and "taking" his best friend, but what the hell? It's like midnight!

"I came in here with a job to do, but it might be foiled by your prescious brother. You've been messing with me for too long, Canfield, and today was the day your time runs out. Who knows? I could kill you before your pathetic brother wakes up. It's just a soulmate; get over it." Now he's not only insulting my brother, but talking about actually killing me. At least Alex is here, or I would probably be dead already.

"Oh he doesn't know... I was working with them all along! They told me I could see Winston again, so I had to. I spilled our plans, every last one, and I made sure my coven survived. The Harsin Coven is not easily swayed by insignificant wolves. Of course, the whole dead soulmate thing was just added flare, but I got a second taste of power as the temporary Luna. These people trust me... And I'm going to rip it out. Starting with these two boys." Woah woah wait wait wait. He intentionally killed Ash? He planned that fire to become disastrous? The Harsin Coven is out there somewhere? Alex was breathing evenly and acting asleep, but I could feel his frantic heartbeat against my back. We're both faking sleep, how ironic.

Suddenly, a cry came in the silent room, and I had to wonder where the baby was? I can't feel him in me and Alex's human pretzel, so... Wait! The baby monitor! "Shit! I'll have to do my job quickly before he wakes up."

I felt something cold against my neck, and just when I felt his wrist prep to slid the blade across my throat, I took my left arm and hit the weapon across the room. "How fucking stupid do you have to be to do a monologue right next to the person you're trying to kill?" I stood up from the bed, and a now disarmed Marcus began backing away. "How did Winston manage to get a soulmate like you; what did he do to deserve this?"

"You don't understand, vampire and werewolves aren't supposed to mix."

"Those are outdated views and we both know it. You have a wolf soulmate!"

"He's different. So strong and kind. He's nothing like the rest of you mutts. I wouldn't even be here if he didn't insist, but now that I am, I have a job. You infected my best friend." I leapt at him, and we got into a pretty serious brawl on the white carpet. I bit and scratched at him while throwing relentless punches, but he was too good.

Suddenly, his teeth latched haphazardly into my neck, and I felt my life ebbing. So this is it? It's been a good run. Bye, Vic. I'm sorry I can't say it in person. Two loud bangs were heard, and the silence was deafening afterwards. My ears were ringing from the loud shots, but when I looked up, Alex was holding a shaking gun aimed at Marc. The boy fell to the side, and I swiftly backed away from the scene.

Marcus had two gun wounds: one in the thigh, and the other one in his bicep. "You think a simple gunshot will stop me?" When he began getting up, I hid behind my brother. It may have been weak, but I knew he had this. Besides, he's the one with the weapon.

"One step and I will shoot." Alex's voice was wavering, but whose wouldn't if they were aiming a firearm at another.

"You're a funny one, Alpha boy. I'll have to kill you both, then. The Half Moon Pack must fall." The crazed boy stepped forward, but I could see it in his eyes. The confusion, pain, and anger of a possessed one. I remember from when Alex had the darkness, but he wouldn't recognize it since he had never seen the signs before.

"Don't shoot him." Alex looked at me shocked, and I pointed at the smirking boy still on the white carpet that was now stained red. "Look in his eyes. Do you see the emotions? Like he isn't in charge of his actions?"

"Yeah."

"Something is controlling him, and it isn't nice."

"Ally he betrayed us. He killed my soulmate!"

Marc's eyes began flickering, and he collapsed onto his knees. "It made me." His croaking voice set me on edge, and I aimed Alex's gun down for him. I stalked forward, and as soon as I got close, I grabbed his head in my hands tightly so that he couldn't bite me just in case. I stared deeply into his eyes, but my hands began glowing green. Do I get powers too!? Sick!

I felt like I was inside his head, and when I open my eyes, I was. There was a man that looked like Marc standing above him shouting something, and I got the sense that this is the spirit taking control. "You know as well as me that they're going to destroy everything we worked for! I'm helping you!"

"I don't want this!"

"It's your fault for drinking my blood. Now I can invade your mind and kill everyone you love whenever I choose!"

I walked forward silently until I was right behind the towering man. I'm kind of surprised that Marc's mind is this empty, but that's unimportant. When I lifted my hand, there was a special looking kind of baton, and I figured out what to do. I lifted the metal stick behind my head before slamming it down onto the man's head with all of my force.

He crumpled onto his knees from the force, and it took a few seconds before he disappeared totally. "Uh, what are you doing in my head?"

"Dunno. Apparently saving your ass. I think I have a power. I'm leaving."

On cue, I snapped back into my physical body, and I dropped his head. There appears to be an audience around us now, so I just sat back on my calves. "Ally you didn't tell me you had a power!" Alex was sitting next to me, and I smiled at him.

"I actually didn't know until 2 seconds ago."

"What did it do?"

"I think I'm able to manipulate spirits. It might just be because I understand them."

"That's so awesome!" Suddenly, when I looked up, I realized that I recognized no one surrounding us. "Uh, what are you looking at?"

"You can't see them?"

"Nope."

"Allystar James Canfield, now that your power has awaken, your destiny will begin. You are the king of the spirits."