8. Hot Anger

5.13.20

Ally's POV

Even with Vic trying to stop me from doing anything too rash, I managed to make it all the way to my father's room. "Come on, Ally, you're going to get hurt," Vic begged.

"The amount of confidence you have in my abilities is kind of hurtful."

"It's not that I don't think you're capable, but you're still weak."

"Yeah, well, no one can hurt my brother and get away with it."

"Didn't your brother hurt you?"

"It wasn't his fault. It was impossible for him to know that the baby would want blood that badly because Ash forgot to tell him."

"I do find it kind of funny that he has it in his head to protect you, but you have it in your mind to protect him."

"Eh, that's just our relationship."

Finally, I reached my father's room, and I took a deep breath before slamming the door open. His expression of shock was priceless, but I didn't dwell on it for long since I was already storming forward. When I was standing right in front of him, I stabbed my finger onto his chest before shouting, "What in the hell is wrong with you!?"

"What are you on about, kid?"

"You have no right to destroy my brother's happiness!"

"Ohhhhhhh."

"Why? What is so sick in your head that you think anything close to this is remotely acceptable!?"

"He's so irresponsible! He's only 18 and he's already going to be a parent! They could have at least waited a few years before having kids!"

"Well you know what? They didn't, and right now you're being a huge ass by ostracizing your own son for something that makes him happy! Honestly what kind of a fucking parent are you?"

"You have no right–"

"Yeah, I have no right to see my own brother feel comfortable with himself, do I?"

"Jesus Allystar I didn't even know you existed until 9 months ago, what makes you assume that what you say matters to me?"

"I honestly couldn't give half of a frozen fish stick what you think, but when you hurt my brother and make someone from my family feel like shit, I will not hesitate to defend them. Not because I'm a stuck up bastard like my father, but because I actually have a heart in my chest that renders me capable of not being a total, utter douchebag! So you're going to listen to me right here and right now. You will treat my brother the way he deserves instead of turning on him at the very idea of him doing something wrong or so help me God I will not go easy on you! I know that you have some pretty serious issues with your soulmate, but that gives you no right to come in here and treat your own child like the dirt on the bottom of your shoe!"

"You don't know the half of it! You've never had to watch as the one person you were supposed to love paired off with someone else or see your own relationship fall into shambles!"

"Maybe not, but you have a chance to make his life so much better. Your father never supported you with anything, did he? How did that make you feel?"

"Bad."

"Percisely. Now how do you want Alex to grow up the way you did and become bitter?"

"No."

"Good job, you passed the test! Fix it or mark my words it will not be pretty." I turned on the balls of my feet before also dragging Vic out of the room. Once we were down the hall, I turned back to him. "Do you think that was too much?"

"Honestly? I thought it was really hot to watch you go off like that. It amazes me how much you care about him," Vic flirted with his hands tenderly around my waist.

"I just can't stand by watching him be hurt in good conscience," I admitted while blushing. Suddenly, I felt Vic's lips press firmly onto mine, and I realized that this was my first kiss. I was instantly responding to his movements, and my knees had grown weak from the sensation of his lips on mine. However, when his hands pulled gently on my hair, I moaned rather loudly into his mouth.

Vic took that chance to slide his tongue into my mouth, and I could feel him exploring when there was a sudden throat clearing from behind me. I jumped about 5 feet into the air before spinning around so fast that I almost fell off my feet. "There's a reason you have a room, you know," Alex teased while I blushed profusely and stuck my face into Vic's neck. I could feel my mate's chest rumbling with chuckles, but I was too embarrassed to face anyone at that moment.

"'Lex, you don't need to be like this," I complained.

"Awww but my baby brother is falling in love; it's my job to embarrass the shit out of you!"

"Two minutes! It was two minutes!"

When I finally turned to face Alex, he and Ash were attached at the hip like usual, and he had this broad smirk on his slightly pink lips. Suddenly, Vic leaned close to my ear and breathed, "Just wait for later."

I squealed loudly at his words before jerking away from his body and swatting at his face. "Why are you all working together!?"

Everyone burst out laughing at my words, and I sort of wished that the ground would absorb me right then and there. Suddenly, Alex made a quiet noise and abruptly stopped laughing. "Are you okay, baby?" Ash stammered quickly while supporting my brother's weight.

"Yeah, the child was just kicking a little bit," Alex reassured with another grimace.

"Have you even gone to the doctor yet to make sure that you were progressing alright?"

"No..."

"Alex!" Ash and I exclaimed at the same time while the boy shrank slightly.

"I couldn't go before I told my Dad. Once it gets out, we will be the gossip of everyone in the pack."

"Well now you don't have a reason, so we are going right this moment!"

Ash dragged Alex down the corridor, and once they were gone, I pushed closer to Vic's rock solid body. "How did you get so muscular?" I breathed against his skin.

"Lots of training and working out. Totally worth it if you like it, but it was hard since the leader of our coven before Marc was an asswipe."

"I'm sorry that you had to deal with that."

"Well what was your teenage years like?"

"When I was 5, my mother was killed, and my stepfather ended up turning to drugs and alcohol. Um... When I turned 14, I was taken by Ash's father into kind of a dank basement? I guess that he intended to use it as leverage over my biological father, but since he didn't know I existed, that plan didn't work out. A lot happened down there... I saw so many people die, and there were definitely times that I wished I could die too. I had no hope down there, and no purpose until Alex showed up and saved me. Really, I was nothing until I met him."

"Well I'm glad that you're here now if it counts for anything."

"Those words count for the world, Vic."

"Ally?"

"Hmm?"

"I know that it's only been a few days, but... I love you."