25. Lost Boy

5.23.20

Antony's POV

The sun shone through my bedroom window, and I would have gotten up to close the blinds if it wasn't for Jackson's arms around my waist. There's just something so magical about waking up with the most beautiful boy next to me, and I felt like I would wake up from my dream if I even shifted. Jacky's breath is hot on my neck, yet I found it really hard to care when I felt his bare chest against the skin of my back. It just felt so right unlike when I was with Julia, and I realized how much I've been missing over the years.

I was hugged much harder, and Jacky's face was buried into my hair while he played with the hem of my shirt. "Have you been watching me sleep this whole time?"

"Yes. There's not exactly anything else to do at night."

I rolled over until my nose was buried in his neck, and his warm skin made me curl closer. Suddenly, the door smacked open until it hit the wall, and one of the pack warriors burst in. "Sir, we are not getting any responses from the Harsin Coven, and your son has been there since yesterday."

"I'm sure that Alex is fine!"

"He told us to be concerned if he did not return before sunset, and he is not back so we are concerned."

I sighed loudly before pushing against Jackson's chest to sit up. As much as I was trying to force my emotions down, I was instantly worried about my son. Sometimes, my boy can be really vulnerable, and I don't want to see him hurt. "Well, what are you doing to find him?"

"We sent over a search party, but only one came back with severe injuries. We're taking this as a sign that our alpha is either dead or severely hurt, and the Harsin Coven is no longer friendly."

I immediately launched myself out of the bed before haphazardly throwing on whatever clothes I could find. "What is Winston doing?"

"He's a wreck since his soulmate is probably in there too. They've successfully knocked out all of our young leadership which is why I've chosen to bother you."

"Ally?"

"Captured."

"Shit." I paced back and forth across my bedroom floor while my fists clenched and unclenched. "Let me guess, Ash was with Alex too."

"Yes, sir."

My fingers went up into my hair before tugging roughly at the roots, and my heart was beating out of my chest. The gasps of air coming in and out of my lungs were frantic and fast paced, but somehow my legs were moving faster. "I can't believe he could be dead. Just when I thought he could be happy, and someone goes to mess it up again. I've messed up his happiness for a long time, but it's so different when someone else does it. Especially since he's pregnant!" My word vomit continued until I walked right into my soulmate's chest, and even then I was trying to blabber on and on. Suddenly, lips were put onto mine, and I had to shut my mouth. I relaxed into Jacky's sweet touch, but my mind was still running a mile a minute.

"He's a smart boy, Tony. I'm sure he's somewhere out there trying to get back to you, but he doesn't know how."

At that second, I just broke down in Jackson's arms. No tears were enough to justify the loss I was currently feeling, but he held me throughout my sobs. Suddenly, my emotional switch flipped again, and I stood up without a shadow of my previous sadness. "We need to find him."

"I apologise, sir, but there is too much danger. I can not justify risking our fighting forces like that."

"We have to do something!"

"I'm so sorry, sir. There's nothing we can do."

I stormed out of my room, and just when I was about to sprint into the woods, I was gripped firmly from behind. I attempted to wiggle out of this person's grasp, but there was no allowance for me to do anything of the sort. "I'm so sorry, Tony. I can't allow you to go risk yourself this way. I hope you one day learn to forgive me." As I was being dragged away from the woods, I kicked and bit and shouted, but nothing happened except for the weird looks. I managed to catch my capturer's hand between my teeth and bit until I could taste blood, and his grip slipped just enough for me to run again. I barely made it two feet before I was grabbed lower down and pulled into my bedroom.

"Let me go!"

"Never. I will not let you go, Antony Canfield. You're going to get yourself killed, and I will not allow that."

My lower lip trembled dangerously, and I felt tears spill out of my eyes. "He's my baby! I can't just let him go!"

"You'll learn. I'm so sorry it's turned out this way."

My blankets couldn't get close enough to my body, and I was suddenly in a burrito balling my eyes out.

The ocean drew me deeper into its blue abyss, and I couldn't see anything except for the darkness. The whimper that came out of my chest was lost in the water, and I felt truly alone. I've always had Alex to lean back on, but I don't know what I'll do now that he's gone.

I remembered the old days when everything was so simple. Back when Alex was still just a little boy that I could chase around for hours with a smile on my face; back when he looked up to me like I was his world. I had lost that title the day he saw me murder his mother, and our lives had never gone back to the way it was before. I was never able to see his beautiful smile as genuine as it was when he was a baby. I was always withdrawn as he grew older, so I never even got the teenage angst. All of the memories I missed just because I was a bad father.

"Come back to me, Tony."

I opened my eyes to see Jackson crouched above my blanket pile. His beautiful chocolate eyes were filled with concern, but I couldn't find the right words to console him. "I-I... I don't know what to do any more."

"To lose a son hurts more than any pain in the world. I remember thinking that Ash had died in the attack; there was a hole in my heart for a long time. By the time it was healed, he was back in my life anyways. Fir all we know, Alex is still out there alive, and he's just yearning for a way back home. You'll see him again, Tony. Even if it's in a totally different life, you'll see him again. I'll be here for you as a shoulder to cry on, so don't worry about a thing."

"I intend to take you up on that offer."