24. Locked Up

5.22.20

To those of you who want to be really cool, check out my other story, Hopelessly Broken, for a little surprise that you'll hopefully recognize...

Ally's POV

Surprisingly, Vic hadn't done anything too sexual while we were showering other than washing every inch of my skin raw, and it actually wasn't too terribly weird. Now, we were laying in bed next to each other– in clothes, get your mind out of the gutter– and Vic's gentle fingers were combing through my hair. I mumbled something sleepily that resembled a good night before submitting myself into sleep.

***

"Ally wake up right now." I jerked awake to find Vic shaking me with wide eyes.

"What's happening?" There's no way I'm going back to sleep now. It takes a lot to make that boy become fearful.

Marc was standing near the door with all of his weight on it, and his panicked eyes locked onto mine. "The older vampires are really pissed about this merge idea, and I'm worried that they're gonna–" A loud thud occured behind his back, and I scurried into Vic's arms out of fear. Even through the best effort of two vampires, the door eventually gave one last groan before falling from it's hinges. I jumped from the loud crash the wood made, and I watched as Vic and Marc were grabbed and dragged away. Two men wandered up to me, and I curled my body into the fetal position to appear small.

"What do you want us to do with the wolf, Brian?"

"Send this one with the vampires. I don't think that his pack will miss him like the alpha."

"D-don't touch Alex!"

"I'm afraid you don't have a say on this, little wolfy."

Two men grabbed me, and I was dragged down some stairs until being thrown into a damp basement that reminded me of where I met Alex. Oh God, Alex. They're probably going to find a way to bait him in!

"Ally, are you okay?" I looked up into Vic's hazel eyes, and I managed a small, sad smile.

"As fine as I'll ever be when being forced to relive my teenage years. Not exactly my first time being captured by vampires and forced into a dirty, dark basement."

Vic pulled my back into his chest before putting his face into my hair. "Ew get a room before you start making out!" Marc's face of disgust made me start laughing hysterically, and the other two boys looked at me like I was a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater snorting lines of crack.

"You do know we can't get a room, right?"

"A man can dream, love birds. Do you know why I wanted you to be doing your job yet, Victor?"

"I don't see what border guard would have done when the attack was our own coven members."

"I don't know either."

"All right guys, lesson number one, sleep is your friend."

"Ally, babe, we can't sleep." My eyes widened at the statement before rolling into the back of my head.

"Hey, Marc. You never told me what your last name is."

"I hate it. The name has been passed down for centuries to whatever leader the coven had, and I don't really appreciate the connotation the name brings me in a room."

"Oh... But what is it?"

"Harsin. After my great, great, lots of greats grandfather who was the first ruler of this coven way back when. Just like when you whip out your last name in a room full of people you don't know, they're gonna assume that you come from Luna Llena and make you out as a monster."

"Oh. Well I'm gonna go to sleep, wake me up when something significant happens." I curled up on Vic's chest before falling into a light sleep.

***

I woke up to a loud oof of someone hitting the bottom of the stairs with a groan, and I popped open my eyes. "Oh is it just a fucking party down here?" Ash is clearly in a sour mood right now.

"You got it, bub. Want a shot of whiskey?"

"Really?"

"No. I was being sarcastic." I will never understand the little rivalry between Ash and Marc. What the hell did they do to each other to get themselves so angry.

"Ash, where's my brother?"

"I don't exactly know? They let him go because it's really hard to be monstrous to a pregnant person. I feel like someone has flipped my internal organs inside out right now."

Marc scoffed, and both Ash and I fixed him a glare. "What? You're not the only one missing a soulmate. At least yours knows you've been captured!"

"To be fair, their bond is a lot stronger than yours." Marc fixed me a glare at the comment, and I shriveled into a raise against Vic's chest.

"Says the one not going through unbearable pain right now."

"U-uhh... Lesson two, let's not rip each other's heads off!"

The door at the top of the stairs was ripped open, but all of us just stayed still. A man with a sick face emerged from the stairway, and I was grabbed by the collar of the shirt before being separated from Vic.

"These are special tracking bracelets that will inform us if you leave this mansion; trust me, you don't want to try it. They will also hit you with a pretty large electrical shock if you touch any type of communicative device." The man walked in a circle to the three vampires while clasping the little metal bracelets around their wrists. "And you... You're just going to stay locked up down here; you're pretty much worthless to us, but if you are let go, you'll blow our cover."

"I won't leave this room without him!"

The man pulled out a sharp looking dagger and held it against Vic's upper arm. "I think you will." His head drooped, and I was sent an apologetic look before he was lead above ground. Now I'm all alone underneath the earth again!

A few hours– Or days, I don't really know. Time doesn't pass down here– after they were taken, a guard came down with my "dinner."

"Sir, I'm don't drink blood. I'm not a vampire?"

"It's that or nothing, kid."

The man walked back up the stairs, and I stared distastefully at the bag of what I think is lion blood. "Ally for the love of everything holy, don't even think about drinking that," Quincey commanded in my headspace while spinning around in circles in distaste.

"Well let me know when you come up with something better."

I picked up the bag with my starving fingers before hooking my finger nail into the bag to pierce the thin plastic. My stomach was tied up in knots, but they probably aren't going to bring me anything normal, so I'll have to make do. "Rule number three," I whispered to myself in disgust. "Take what you can get, and don't complain."

I stuck the pierced section of the bag into my mouth, and the thickness of the liquid almost made me choke. However, I noticed that the taste wasn't too horrible, and it was pretty filling, so I took the rest of the bag in mouthfuls that made my whole body shudder. As soon as it was out of the bag, I began coughing violently, but at least I was full. Just try to survive, Ally. I can make it, I swear!