2 || Hunting Heroes

Bakugou Katsuki's POV

Ground Zero's legs dangle out over the abyss as he sits casually on the side of a tall hotel building. Crimson eyes monitor the ant-sized people below him, though he knows the ones he's looking for aren't there.

He was searching for six Heroes, and he could care less for all those other citizens.

Eraserhead, whoever the hell that is. Class 1A's homeroom teacher, if Zero heard correctly.

Nezu, UA's scary smart Principle who may not even be mentally stable.

Cementoss, who couldn't really be differentiated from a brick or a blockhead.

Vlad King, a teacher to one of the less important Hero classes.

Present Mic, some loud, cheesy guy from the 80's.

Midnight, the R Rated Hero.

And finally, All Might.

Or that was whoever was meant to be there. To Zero's immense irritation All Might, the one person he hated more than anything else, had cancelled last minute.

Which was really just too bad, since he was looking forward to blowing that stupid grin off his stupid face. But Zero would just have to wait until next time.

Zero glanced down at the small watch on his wrist.

5:57 PM

Three minutes until he was expected to engage.

The boy sighs, standing up and stretching his arms over his head as the wind tousles his hair. Zero checked himself over, looking for any missing equipment.

His belt carried more grenades than he had fingers, and it held up his regular baggy cargo pants, mottled army green and grey.

Orange and black combat boots reached just below his knees, while his shirt was the normal tight sleeveless tank top, with a jagged orange 'X' crossing over the chest.

Annoyingly for Zero he had been forced to leave his gauntlets behind today, just because some developer was taking too long to fix them. Goes to show how incompetent people can be.

But he supposed he'd still got his sleeved gloves that would serve fine to enhance the force behind his Quirk, even without the added support of the other parts in his costume.

Despite his detest towards them, Ground Zero had numerous blades hidden on his person that would be good for cutting up any Heroes who got too close. Better safe than sorry.

All that was hidden under a custom made jumper, its sleeves cut off part way down to make sure he had easy access to his arm grenades.

A mask covers the bottom half of his face, with a snarling mouth depicted on it for his own amusement, hiding most of his identity.

It's not really like he could disguise his unusually coloured eyes anyways, and Zero hated contacts for getting in the way of his vision.

He glanced back down at his watch.

5:59 PM

A small click registers as the number flicks over, replacing five fifty-nine with six o'clock.

Right on queue the figures of the Heroes he had been studying walked out the base of the building opposite to his own.

First it was Cementoss, who Zero had recently learned could control and manipulate any form of cement to shift it in a hard but liquid like state.

Even solid cement would be easy to crack open with a few explosions, if he aimed them at the right time.

Then came Midnight the wannabe porn star who's Quirk, Somnambulist, allowed her to create a knockout purple gas which would put anyone who breathes it in to sleep.

Too bad for her this Villain's mask has air filters...

Then there's Vlad King, some extra teacher from UA who could use the in built blood containers on his Hero costume to control the substance. He would most likely manipulate it to make a wide variety of weapons like knives, whips, bullets, that sort of thing.

He and his Quirk are both fast, but Ground Zero knew he was faster.

Then came Present Mic with that weird looking bear-dog-rat-man thing perched on his shoulder.

Zero knew his ears would be more resistant than most to Mic's high-pitched attacks, thanks to their constant exposure to loud noises from his own Quirk.

He also had a range limit, and if the Villain played his cards right he'd be able to avoid the Pro's frequent but narrow shouts.

That rat-man though...He wouldn't cause much of a physical threat. It's more his intellect Zero would need to be cautious of.

It turned out that Nezu was one of the very few cases where an animal had developed a Quirk, though it isn't a widely known fact that the mastermind running Japan's most prestigious school was once someone's domestic pet...

With this only being a quick attack, Zero figured he could leave his reflexes to handle the bear.

But then there was Eraserhead, who he knew almost nothing on. As much as he hated going on a skirmish like this unprepared, he didn't have enough forewarning to study each and every one of their fighting styles.

The door finally closed, showing no one else of importance was coming out. Each breath fuelled the manic excitement building in Zero's system, and every second brought more adrenaline into his blood. 

A grin pulls at Ground Zero's mouth behind his mask as he took a running start, leaping off the rooftop of the skyscraper.

He hung in the air for a moment, seemingly suspended, before gravity kicked in and he started to move downwards in free fall.

Zero's eyes flicker with wicked delight as he plummeted past the glassy floors, each level bringing him closer and closer to his targets.

This would be easy for him. A simple hit and run, take one out if he wanted to, injure a few if he could.

They were all teachers at UA High, so he knew any damage he did would count.

Zero managed to make it into his own attack scope without any of them noticing his presence. Smile growing into a devilish smirk, he sees the one dressed in all black—Eraserhead—look up by at him by pure coincidence.

The boy knew he would no longer have the element of surprise on his side when he attacked as the Pro let out a shout, but he didn't need it now.

The vast amount of nitroglycerine that had accumulated in his clenched fists as he waited for the Heroes to come out was begging to be used, and Zero was more then happy to comply.

Rolling a little to ease out the pressure of his jump aided with smaller explosions in his left hand, he braced his arm against his right wrist and let his temper spark.

A fraction of a second went by as the six Heroes turned in horror towards their masked attacker, but each of them realised what was happening too late.

The boys explosion lit up the world with a deafening 'boom.' The shocks of orange, white, red and yellow curl outwards to encompass the half-dozen Heroes in it's fiery embrace, shielding them from public view.

Rubble flew in all directions as Zero lunged forwards towards the crater of damage made by his Quirk, keeping low to the ground and ducking around the randomly thrown darts of weaponized blood.

He didn't hesitate to jump into the clouds of billowing smoke; it was in his nature to be drawn towards scenes of violence and turmoil like these.

As he pulled his fist back to land another explosion-powered punch, the world around him erupted into screams of terror and cries of fear.

But Ground Zero found himself revelling in the chaos.