19 || Cold Confrontations

Bakugou Katsuki's POV

Zero knew that what he said had an impact on his childhood 'friends,' and a negative one at that. But he found it interesting to see the lengths they'd both gone to, the next level of acting they'd adapted with, to make it seem believable.

Really? After all these years they were actually going to pretend that they cared about him? As if anybody would fall for that; if Zero knew it was a load of rubbish then the others certainly would too. What he couldn't quite get his head around though, was how the two would be benefiting.

Sensei always taught Zero that people only ever did things for their own personal gain, and that nothing came for free. So what could these masks that Deku and Y/N were putting up achieve for them?

Would they be winning people over? No, those two already had everyone's full support. Could it be a result of their own self-pity? Zero knew that while they may be Heroes in training, even they wouldn't stoop that low. Close, perhaps, but not quite.

Was it to make him feel guilty, then? Surely they'd know by now that Zero would never in a million years regret a single thing he did. Every act, every move, every thought was precise and exactly the way he wanted it to be.

Zero was a Villain, and that was just the way he liked it. Besides, he'd never make the mistake of getting himself into a toxic relationship again. He'd promised himself that years ago, and Zero would be damned if he went back on his own word now.

But that meant he could cross out the last option as well. Zero leaned against the white washed wall of an empty hallway with his arms crossed over his chest, scowling at the floor.

This was bugging him far more than it should, but the fact that he couldn't figure out the reason for his acquaintances' reactions was irritating Zero immensely.

With a sigh, he pushed off from the cold cement once more. If Zero wanted this itch to go away, he'd just have to scratch it.

—  —  —

He spied Y/N far quicker than he'd originally thought he would, thanks to them only being a few corridors over to his own. Y/N was wandering alone, head hung low and a mindless look on their blank face.

Zero's brows furrowed further. They were even miming here, by themself in a hall? What an idiot.

Y/N wasn't paying a scrap of attention to where they were going, too lost in their star struck gaze to notice him standing obviously in front of the junction they were about to pass. And that was despite the fact that Zero made less than no attempts to conceal himself.

It would seem that they were still an airhead, not much difference since fifth grade. Stepping forwards smoothly, Zero reached out a uniform clad arm and clamped it around their mouth as he dragged them backwards. Y/N stumbled but managed to keep their footing as their E/C eyes widened, trying to cry out.

Unfortunately for them though, Zero had more practice than Y/N in this kind of business. Their arms flew up to Zero's own in a hurried attempt to pry his hand from their mouth, but Zero held firm. Y/N's attempts made an obvious decrease in effort as they felt the familiar fabric of his school uniform though, identical to their own blazer.

Let them be confused, it didn't matter. Zero wanted a justification, and he'd do whatever he had to in order to get it. Once he'd dragged them well around the corner and out of any passer-by's line of sight, Zero let Y/N go, shoving them forwards roughly.

Y/N didn't loose their balance this time though, instead spinning on their heel to confront their anonymous attacker. Anger emanated from them like a beacon, and Zero could see that they wouldn't hesitate to throw some hands. Wearily, he took a step out of their range as Y/N's fingers curled into fists.