Chapter 9

Rei sighed as she looked over the medical files. Sitting in front of Dr. Ren she could feel the tremendous headache growing on the horizon. She pinched her nose and steadily looked over at the doctor.

"This. Why didn't you tell me any of this before. His condition has been worsening for over a decade yet you still couldn't take the the time to inform me of this?! " She snapped.

Doctor Ren just smiled sadly as he opened his drawer and took out a very familiar bottle of Asprin. He slowly filled a glass with water and passed it to her alongside the medicine.

"I know this is a very stressful time for you Rei, but trust me I had full intentions of informing you the moment his symptoms started getting worse, but that Enji slapped me with the confidentiality clause in our contract, meaning I could not legally tell anyone about his condition without his consent. Not even his own wife"

Rei chugged the medicine down with Asprin Turning her attention fully onto the medical records in her hands. She tried ignoring the man in front of her. Even though she knew it wasn't his fault she still felt a sense of betrayal. By the way he addressed her she knew that they had been close Acquaintances and that just added fuel to the fire. She controlled her breathing trying to supress her emotions and finally turned towards him.

"Are you sure there's no other way around it. I mean there must be something that should work. What about the medicinal you're giving him now, he looked healthy before not to mention he can still fight villains" Rei said

The doctor just shook his head folding his hand on the table. " We have no cure for his disease as of yet. The medicine we are giving him is very dangerous. Not to mention it's a classified drug that only medical professionals are allowed to use. Prolonged use is doing him more harm than good but we have no option "

"Listen carefully Rei, as the only reason I'm able to say this is because Enji is hurt and you're his immediate family. Now let me ask you a question have you seen how Enji has been getting a lot of muscle bulk over the years" Rei could only nod her head.

"Well the reason for that is because we have been giving him steroids." Rei's eyes widened.

"You see his body has the habit of burning the pathogens and other particles that enter his body, and when they exterminate those particles they have nothing left to burn and so they start to burn his organs. And so to prevent that we give him steroids that cause him to start developing extra muscle and as they are not natural his body classifies them as foreign and so this diverts the heat to those muscles preventing harm to his other organs. But prolonged drug use is not safe for the body and thus it has started straining him. " Doctor Ren said.

Rei could now begin to understand a lot of things. The steroids explained Endeavor's bulky monster form in the manga, the more muscle he had the more safer his organs were. And those steroids came over the years that explained his current form he was not that bulky in the present. He was lean and muscular he looked like a taller more muscular version of future Shoto.

This trail of thought reminded of a certain fight endeavour fought in the anime. The one where he fought the flying Nomu. He was so careful not to over heat himself. She felt her eyes widen in realisation. How could she forget such crucial information?! During the fight endeavour specifically mention that heating his own body would damage his bodily functions and during the fight there were several cut scenes showing Rei and his children.

That's it. The Reason Enji married Rei was not only to create a a powerful quirk but to also stabilize his own fire quirk so it wouldn't hurt his descendants. That's why even though Shoto had the fire quirk he had no problems, non of the children had these problems. She snapped her head straight and looked Dr. Ren straight at the eyes.

"I think I know of a way to cure him! " She said. Dr. Rens eyes widened as he said "Could you elaborate please? " He said urging her to continue.

" I think that we should try stabilizing the flames with the cold. The medical files say that this condition is Hereditary but non of my children have it. I think it's because of my quirk. It somehow stabilized his flames. That's why non of my kids have it. Maybe if we could do some sort of therapy of surgery that we cool down his body, stabilizing the flames, not extinguishing them fully so that the flames don't retaliate! " She explained

Rei could see the screws turning in the doctor's head as his eyes widened. " That... That is actually a plausible. We could do something like a light cryo freeze or freeze therapy. Oh my god!! All this time  we have been focused on extinguishing the flames we never thought about stabilization. " He said eyes wide both hands clenching his hair. As he suddenly stood up.

"Rei thank you soo much for this crucial information! I have to inform the research team about this. We may finally have a way to cure him, to save him" He said eyes brimming with tears . He was rushing his way outside when he stopped and turned towards her " Rei if you could  , please bring one of your children here the next time you visit. If your theory it correct then maybe studying your children's immune system may be the only solution we may have"
Rei smiled and nodded as she felt tears gather in her own eyes, she looked at her watch and gasped. She was almost late for her appointment. She quickly got out of the hospital running towards the bakery, her eyes spilling with tears of joy as she felt a new Hope rise within herself. Enji would be safe, she knew it.

She soon stopped in front of a bakery. The waft of the baked goods and chocolate welcomed her as she quickly wiped off her tears. A cheery receptionist welcomes her as she quickly asked for the owner showing her the card Hisashi had given her. The receptionist led her towards a door in the back of the building. She breathed in deeply calming herself as she slowly knocked in the door. It was time to get her memories back.

_______________________________________

I'm so sorry for the really short chapter. I had a chapter double the size ready that I wrote after weeks of writers block but it all got deleted because I forgot to save like the dumb person I am 😣. I promise a much longer chapter next time thank you for your patience everyone.

                                      NeferasKingdom