Chapter 12

Guys don't forget to comment Your chapter ideas. Only 8 days left till final selection.

_______________________________________

It was a few days later that Enji was finally released from the hospital. He was sitting on the hospital bed in a pair of dark pants and and a maroon shirt. Rei stood beside the bed folding the spare clothing she had brought for him before into the small bag in front of her. She wore her hair in a high ponytail and was wearing a light pink sweater and white denim jeans. After the fateful day when he woke up Rei visited him everyday and now the were comfortable with each other as they had talked for the past few days. Things were a bit awkward but at the same time it was also good. Rei had been telling Enji about what what the kids had been doing for the past few days when doctor Ren entered the room.

"Hello Enji good to see you up. Finally going home huh" He said taking a seat in the spare chair. Enji nodded in reply

"Well before you leave I have some news , and before I forget here's the prescription of medicine" He said handing Rei the paper

"Be sure to follow the instructions to the T considering his condition , A bit of change in timing can cause damage" He said

Enji's head snapped up to meet Ren's eyes
"Ren" He said firmly discreetly looking at Rei

"She knows Enji" He said sighing

"But we had an agreement it was written in the contract how could you! " He said raising his voice.

"It's not like I had a choice! You were dying and it's standard procedure to inform the family, not to mention the fact that you should have informed this to her years ago! "

"But the contract! "

"The contract was annulled the moment you decided to commit suicide! You were in too critical of a condition, so much so that we had to inform the family of your would be cause of death! " They were about to shout some more at each other when Rei interrupted then.

"Both of you calm down" She said firmly
Enji looked genuinely surprised at her tone.

"Doctor Ren I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be shouting at patients and you Enji" She said pointing at him "Dr.ren is right you should have told me this years ago so don't you dare shout at him besides its time for us to go home" She said looking at her wristwatch.

"I could Sue for this" Enji said to Ren huffing and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Try you bastard" Ren replied trying to look angry but failing due to the smile that threatened to break out.

Rei just smiled at the two and after signing several papers they were finally getting out of the hospital. The car ride home was awkwardly silent. Rei could see that Enji was very tense sitting beside her his knuckles white from clutching too hard. She slowly put her own hand onto his and softly clasped it. All Enji did was clasp her hand harder.

Enji's POV

He didn't know what to do as he just stood there in front of the house door. Never had he felt so anxious about entering his own home. He could feel panic rise within himself as he contemplated the consequences of entering the home. He had never felt so weak in his life. He always had his facade of courage and anger Plastered on his face but after all that happened he didn't feel like putting that facade back on. He knew that to be a good father, he needed to act his authentic self, even if it meant that he had to be weak. Rei slowly Approached him and took his hand in hers , he couldn't bring himself to complain though as she dragged him across the threshold of the house. "I'm home! " She shouted and soon he could hear little feet running through the house.

Fuyumi and Natsuo ran inside the room shouting "Mama!" Their eyes sparkling seeing their mother. They both seemed so grown up. How long had it been since he had last seen his children? He smiled looking at them but it soon faltered. The children stiffened after seeing him. And they both became quiet after seeing him though Fuyumi squeaked out a "we.. Welcome home father! " . He could feel guilt fill him up as he saw both of his children so afraid of him. But he was determined to make progress with them. "I'm home" He said as he smiled softly at them noticing how their eyes widened in surprise at his gesture.

Fuyumi's POV

Fuyumi knew that things were different now. It confused her at first because it happened so rapidly but she was too happy to notice. Mama was so brave and cheerful now! And she was happy to have another cute baby brother and spending time with Mama and Natsuo. But then things began to change again after the fight With father Mama suddenly disappeared. Fuyumi feared that things were going back to the way they were before but fortunately Mama came back to normal after a few days.

Fuyumi was weirded out with fathers prolonged absence. Sure he would be gone for awhile but that was just for a few days or a week. He'd never been gone this long. She had thought that he would be gone for longer so she was genuinely surprised when father stood there in the entry way with Mama. But she was more surprised when Father actually smiled at her! . She couldn't remember the last time that father had actually smiled at her but all she knew was that it had felt good.

Mama then proceeded to guide them into the house distracting them with a promised treat. And taking father upstairs saying that he needed to rest. Natsuo was too young to notice the fact that father did not look as he normally did. He was paler and looked thinner. She noticed everything.

Now she was sitting in her room drawing a picture of the outside scenery. Seasons were changing and it was time for Winter to come. Her favorite season. She was in the middle of drawing the leaves when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in" She shouted but almost fell out of her chair in surprise when Father entered the room.

He slowly sat down beside her chair on her bed and looked at her drawing. "That's a really nice drawing you've got their Fuyumi-chan" She could feel her cheeks heat up in embarrassment and the next thing she knew she had started talking animatedly about her art and the colors she had been using. Her Father complementing her along the way. She had even pulled out her album showing him all of her previous works. She felt so warm inside spending time with her father. She felt so happy that she had made him laugh. And that's when she decided that Everything was changing around her, they were changing rapidly, but they were changing for the better.

_______________________________________

You guys are like some of the best readers out there. When I started writing I was expecting a lot of negative reviews and hate but instead I got so much love. Thank y'all for the lovely comments and 12k views.
                                      Neferaskingdom