Chapter 10

Rei slowly opened the door and went inside the brightly lit room. The room was decorated in a Slightly eccentric way. The walls were a pale mint color with several papers of various colours, textures and sizes were pasted on the wall with colourful pins.they all looked like recipes of various desserts.There were also several plaques and pictures on the walls depicting the bakery's several achievements. In the middle of the room stood a large Mahagony desk with papers sprawled everywhere. Behind the desk Hisashi was talking to a guy sitting in front of him. As she entered the room Both men looked at her. Hisashi smiled when he saw her " Ah Rei-san welcome to my bakery please have a seat" He said.

Rei made her way into the room and sat down on the surprisingly comfortable mint chair in front of the desk. "Rei-san meet my friend Amiro Kawasaki, he's going to help you get your memories back" He said pointing at the man seating beside her.

The man had pale but also bright hair which confused Rei. His hair was gravity defying pointing up towards several directions giving him a somewhat disheveled look. He had green eyes and had bags under his eyes  like he hadn't slept for several days on end. He politely smiled at her offering his hand "Konichiwa Rei-san" He said. Rei accepted the gesture and shaked the man's hand.

"Now that we're all here I would like to get started. Not to sound impolite or anything but I'm kinda on a tight schedule here. Last night they brought in some high level villains and so I've really got to go back to the station quickly" Said Amiro "I work for the Interrogation team at the local station"

Rei nodded stiffly. Amiro smiled at her and began talking but was interrupted by Hisashi. "Rei-san I'll be taking my leave now, if you need me I'll be outside in the kitchens" He said. "Of course Hisashi-san"

As Hisashi left the room Amiro started to talk " So here's the drill, you'll be sitting where you are right now and I'll be activating my quirk from behind you, you'll feel disheveled at first but you have to relax and calm down. You'll be seeing things from your own eyes as they are your own memories but you'll also be able to feel things to an extent. So are you ready? " He asked "Ha.. Hai" Rei answered.

Amiro went behind her and put his fingers on both sides of her head and soon rei began to feel hazy. It was like she was walking through fog just like in her dreams she slowly started to hear faint sounds. But as she walked ahead they began to get louder and louder and soon the image of a traditional Japanese home began to materialize in front of her, she started walking ahead and saw light peaking from a tiny opening in a door. She slowly put her eyes near the hole peaking inside the room. She saw two people a man with striking white hair and a woman with pale blonde hair. The man was shouting at the woman sitting in front of him who was crying, tears streaming down her face.

She was quietly watching when suddenly she felt someone grasp her hand. She looked up to find a young girl with pale blonde hair and rei's facial features smiling at her. "Rei- chan let's go to my room, I have a new toy I wanna show you" She said trying to pull her away. "But nee-chan ka-san is crying" She felt herself saying. The girl just smiled and tugged her away with her.

Soon the memories started blurring together going on in chronological order. She saw Rei as a small child playing with her older sister Misa.she felt the amount of love and adoration she felt for her older sister.Her parents were always fighting but Misa always seemed to distract her away. But the older Rei got she began to understand what was happening. Her parents were always absent with Misa taking care of her. Her father didn't like Her. He'd always wanted a son to take over his company but all he got instead was two girls who were useless in his eyes. Misa took the role of the parental figure in her life which only deepened the strong connection they already had as sisters.

Rei soon saw through more memories of her life. Getting her new quirk, growing stronger, graduating from elementary school and finally joining U.A's Hero Course.

She saw herself studying in 1A going through exams and training sessions all in the hopes of becoming a good hero. She saw herself becoming friends with Toshinori Yagi the No. 1 student in their class and saw as they became great friends. She also became friends with non other than Enji Todoroki but saw as they grew apart in the later years as he became crazy trying to surpass Toshinori. She saw herself graduating from UA and joining an agency and becoming The Frost Hero, Iceshard.

But soon things started to go downhill. Her family life wasn't good and soon she saw her father becoming more irritable because of his failing business. But thing really got bad when one night on patrol she faced a truly horrifying villan who pushed her beyond her limits she used her ice quirk to the extreme which caused her body to frost over and become incased in ice. In the end she was able to defeat the villan and end his crime spree but it also ended her career. Her attack had caused frostbite which damaged several of the nerves in her left hand meaning she could no longer control her quirk with her left hand and an uncontrollable quirk was a risk in the field.

This caused her to understand something. She knew that Enji wanted her quirk to stabilize his own but now she realised that both of their quirks balanced each other out. Reis Ice prevented their children from overheating and on the other hand Enji's flames prevented frostbite. Their quirks had a symbiotic relationship which caused her to think that maybe Rei and Enji were made for each other.

This caused a lot of psychological distress to Rei as becoming a hero was her true ambition in life and without the control  of her quirk she felt empty and this caused her to go into a deep depression. She lost her spunky attitude and become quiet and docile.

But things could only get worse as a few months later her beloved sister died in a villain attack. This caused her to blame herself as the attack took place near her agency and so she thought that she could have stopped her death if only she was still a hero. She felt as if she herself had killed her beloved sister.

All her mental distress caused her to start loosing control of her quirk and in one incident she caused huge ice spiked to form around her destroying her surroundings and hurting her father which caused both of her parents to start fearing her. In the middle of this Enji started sending marriage proposals which she rejected left and right. He finally got fed up and took the matter to her father who quickly accepted as Enji offered to fund his failing business and so in the end she was forced to marry him.

The next few years passed on quickly Her married life was not great. Enji was just like her quirk cold and distant. But she got the first taste of happiness when her Son Touya was born. She spent all her time rearing him but when his quirk surfaced enji was not happy. Touya had a Contradicting quirk. He had immensely strong flames but because he got her mothers physique he had a weakness to the fire so when he used his quirk he ended up hurting himself . In Enji's eyes he was a failure so he decided to send him off to a boarding school when Rei was 7 months pregnant with Fuyumi. She saw her begging enji on her knees, crying hysterically asking him to not send her baby boy away but Enji wouldn't budge. And so she spend the night cradling her baby boy to herself knowing that it would be a long time before she saw him again.

Years passed and she had very limited contact with Touya and soon her mental state started Detoriating as she saw two more of her beloved children get hurt and tossed aside by Enji as if they were damaged products. And finally she was once again pregnant with another child. The months flew by and Enji was absent throughout her pregnancy but suddenly a few weeks before her delivery date a villain barged into their home threatening her children but all she remembered was her quirk going haywire as he tried to protect her children and then everything went dark.

Rei slowly opened her eyes, her vision still hazy. She found herself sitting in the pale mint room in front of the Mahagony desk as she burst out crying, Amiro gently patting her back reassuringly.

_______________________________________

Hopefully this was a long enough chapter to satisfy y'all. I really wanted to release a chapter today as kind of a present to myself for my Birthday today ( 14th May, Comment if there are any Taurus reading this chapter)

                                      Neferaskimgdom