Chapter 15

Rei felt so immensely confused. She was shocked beyond comprehension. Dabi wasn't supposed to exist. He was supposed to be Touya. Her baby Touya. He was supposed to be at a boarding school far away attending classes not prancing around as a villain, or in this case a villain to be. She was soo confused. How could he be here? He had sent her several corresponding letters thanking her for her gifts and wishing her and his siblings good health. Did something happen during the six months in which she had lost her memory? No that wouldn't be possible. How could he go from being Touya to Dabi in the span of just six months. It didn't make any sort of sense.

These were the thoughts that plagued her mind as she made her way home. She needed to investigate, but in a very delicate manner. She knew something had happened that triggered touyas leave but she didn't know what. She needed to tread carefully and cautiously. No one could be suspicious of her or her activities. Exposing Touya would mean exposing the league of villains but at least that's what she thought. The memories of the future were blurry so she didn't know when exactly Touya would join the organization. So she needed to be extra careful.

She started her investigation the very next day. From all of her crime novels and documentaries that she had seen she knew that one mistake could lead to disaster.firstly she started by creating several different fake emails. She knew that of someone hacked into her account they would know everything she was searching and that would lead to suspicion and eventually someone would investigate, so she spread her activities across various Encrypted accounts.

In her previous life she used to be a computer science major so she knew computer settings like the back of her hand. She spend days lugging her laptop to the very same cafe where she had seen her son. She spent various days there but there were no signs of him. It only one that day when she brought Shoto with her did he finally appeared. Unlike before she watched his movements like a hawk. He tensed slightly after seeing her and so she smiled and brought him over. She could see how his eyes shined in wonder seeing the little baby sitting on her lap. From then on they sometimes met together. She would ask him vague questions about his family, he didn't find anything suspicious thinking they were general questions. But he didn't know that she had hand picked those questions to observe how he reacted. The talks about family brought heavy emotions. Sadness and stiffness alongside a broken voice upon mentions of his mother, a stark contrast to the unprecedented anger and loathing upon mentions of the father.

All she wanted to do then was pull him into her embrace and never let go. She wanted to ask about how he'd been these years, why hadn't he called and more importantly why had he chosen to become a villain. To become Dabi. But now was not the time and in the middle of a highly populated cafe was certainly not the place.

She decided to target enji next. He was the one who had contact with Touya. There was no way that Touya could go away under endeavors watch. Now she needed to find out if enji knew and wasn't telling her or if he didn't know at all. And she was going to investigate. Enji and Touya shared a lot of quirks. And after observing Dabi those were very evident. Whenever they were lying or trying to hide something they did the exact same thing. Their shoulders would tense a little and their fingers would start rapidly twitching which they tried to hide by tapping their fingers on their thighs. She was going to exploit this quirk and question him. She needed to find out the truth.

_______________________________________

    Please read the following notice

Quick notice. I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. As my story idea is very rare especially the storyline I'm going for I can't research similar stories to gain ideas hence writers block. So I'd like to request something. To make sure that you get your chapters on time I'd like to request you to drop some ideas in the comments so that even if it's writers block, I'd still have ideas.

Thanks y'all for your patience and now onto a special part of this chapter.

_______________________________________

Touya's POV (warning Language)

He felt so fucking conflicted. He couldn't help himself when he first saw her. His mother sitting inside the shop, he should've ran as fast as him damn legs could take him but instead he walked right in and talked to her. And then he got to learn that she was writing a letter to him. She said that she had been writing for years and that he's also replied. Something was not adding up. he never got her packages. He never replied. Hell he didn't have any contact with her for years. So why was she here assuming that he was still in that hellhole???!!!?!

He felt like a sissy when his voice broke tears threatening to spill hearing her talk about him with soo much love. How her touya was a perfect little boy and that she would be bringing him home soon. And all he could think about was the fact that

He loved her. He fucking loved her, even after years of thinking that she had abandoned him and that her love was all fake because she didn't save him from that bastard, deep down he loved her. He loved her more than anything in his life. She was his only family. Even though he had siblings, he never knew them and that bastard was never his anything. But he couldn't face her. He couldn't break her heart by revealing that her sweet son she was taking so lovingly about was now a criminal in training. He couldn't do that to her and so he ran.

But even after days of trying to forget her, trying to hate her by justifying that she had left him.she had left him in that man's mercy, that she had abandoned him.

But all it took was seeing the little baby sitting on her lap,playing with her hair that he went in. He wanted his siblings to know him.He still came crawling back because goddammit he loved her. And he craved and longed for a real, loving family.

_______________________________________

And that wraps up this chapter. Finally a Touya POV. Don't forget to comment your ideas. Again sorry for the late chapter. Toodles.

                                       Neferaskingdom